BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm the new guy of bimmer.two issues i have: what and when to lease !

1.what to choose?the newest -11'328i or the CPO 07'-08'328i

what's the critical and internal difference between 11'and 07'-08' of 328i 4D sedan.if there is no origin promotion.i'd prefer 07-08 CPO cause of the cheaper price.

SUV is a good opt for me but X3 is not the real SUV just the crossover and was designed by a famous australia vehicle company.i prefer the German tradition.so i turn to sedan- the classic 3 series.

2.when to lease?before Aug 2,2010(deadline of promotion of BMW) or wait to the end of 2010?

when is the right time?

3.addtionally, the opt of cold weather package is useful in california(los angeles or san jose)?

could anybody show opinion on it?
appreciate.
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my first BMW yesterday. CPO 07 328i Sedan with Premium Package and Nav. Bought it for $25,750 and took the 3.9% rate. Seems like a great car, condition is excellent. I'm not an advocate of new cars, just my opinion.

·
Mike
147 Posts
The best bang for the buck is a low mileage CPO 2008 model 328i. Why? This is the third year of the model run and theoretically most issues have been sorted out. The basic engine has been around for a long time now and horsepower is up to 230. You still have 2 years left of full warranty plus maintenance and 2 more years of mechanical warranty. Mileage should be in the 20 to 30k range.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best bang for the buck is a low mileage CPO 2008 model 328i. Why? This is the third year of the model run and theoretically most issues have been sorted out. The basic engine has been around for a long time now and horsepower is up to 230. You still have 2 years left of full warranty plus maintenance and 2 more years of mechanical warranty. Mileage should be in the 20 to 30k range.
i quite agree with you with two hands!

that's the point!

it's the golden time of BMW driving under that condition!

:thumbup:

·
The Real Housewife
476 Posts
well - it all depends too on how much miles you drive and how long you are planning to keep your car.

if you drive more than 10-12k miles / year then it would obviously cost more to lease because the promos usually includes minimum mileage.

a low mile 2008 CPO isnt bad at all .. you would end up paying the same on a monthly basis but it's your car. You are free to drive and use
it how ever way you want. You dont have to worry about the added expense you would need to pay out of pocket when the lease is over
and you need to return your car to the dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well - it all depends too on how much miles you drive and how long you are planning to keep your car.

if you drive more than 10-12k miles / year then it would obviously cost more to lease because the promos usually includes minimum mileage.

a low mile 2008 CPO isnt bad at all .. you would end up paying the same on a monthly basis but it's your car. You are free to drive and use
it how ever way you want. You dont have to worry about the added expense you would need to pay out of pocket when the lease is over
and you need to return your car to the dealer.
correct base on your opinion.

1.how many mile per year? i can't figure out clearly right now. but the common is 10k miles per year in LA i think that's enough for me, meanwhile i heard of some party fans can reach 20k+ miles in LA,OMG

2. i am not sure 11' X3 or 11' 328i sedan because of the trunk capacity. also i thought the stability of 11'328i maybe better than X3.

appreciate

·
Mike
147 Posts
Lease vs buy definitely depends on how many miles you drive. Also depends on the lease deal. BWM is doing nice lease deals on a basic 328i now, but beware the pricing with options. Lease generally requires a substantial down payment and forget about a trade in, they will not give you a good price. I buy cars that I will drive more than 12,000 miles per year as most lease deals are set at that breakpoint. I rarely buy new unless what I want is not available used. If you can find a 328i with the folding rear seats, included in the cold weather package or stand alone option, that helps solve the storage space problem.

·
The Real Housewife
476 Posts
correct base on your opinion.

1.how many mile per year? i can't figure out clearly right now. but the common is 10k miles per year in LA i think that's enough for me, meanwhile i heard of some party fans can reach 20k+ miles in LA,OMG

2. i am not sure 11' X3 or 11' 328i sedan because of the trunk capacity. also i thought the stability of 11'328i maybe better than X3.

appreciate
farai --- why the heck are you buying this car for????

i mean you cant just base your usage according to the "common miles" cause it definitely has nothing to do with you.

and why do you need the trunk space??

these are just important issues to think of before you purchase the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What I learnt from my search for the car
- It is hard to find 08 CPO.
- You would expect atleast 30k miles on it
- BMW new, lease or cpo would always seem expensive than say G35 or Lexus or anything competing with it.

*BMW drive is all about fun drive.. thats what you pay for \m/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
farai --- why the heck are you buying this car for????

i mean you cant just base your usage according to the "common miles" cause it definitely has nothing to do with you.

and why do you need the trunk space??

these are just important issues to think of before you purchase the car.
asia rush,u r quite right.good question.that's the key point i wanna figure out!

i think i need a bigger trunk when i travelling around LA,i e for some luggages,so i think X3 is very useful,but as u know,X3 was conjunction with Aus company.not pure Germany tradition.maybe have more little problem than 328.

so i am hard to make a decision:thumbup:

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,408 Posts
if you can be patient...wait till the end of next year. Get a F30 and everyone here will be hating on you with our obsolete E9x's! Seriously.

·
Just a kid having fun...
60 Posts
I went for the 328i xdrive lease... LOVE IT... 12k miles, I dont think they are many new difference, the hood has a bit of different shape. I always like to lease b/c no matter what, you can get more for your money with a lease vs pmt

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,408 Posts
Any way you look at it, You're just "BORROWING" the car...:tsk::rofl:

I went for the 328i xdrive lease... LOVE IT... 12k miles, I dont think they are many new difference, the hood has a bit of different shape. I always like to lease b/c no matter what, you can get more for your money with a lease vs pmt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.