BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I just bought 20" Toyo Proxes S/T that I'm planning on putting on Friday. I had them mounted on style 87 replica rims. I bought them specifically b/c of its high performance capabilities and possible year-round solution. I love the look of them as they are very aggressive. From what I've read, they're good in mud/rain, and decent for snow. I'm still keeping my 18" wheels for the winter, but wanted to give these a try to see if I can use them all the time. MD doesn't get that much snow, so I maybe OK.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where did you get the Toyo's from? I am going to get a set myself but I want to see if I can beat 1010 tires price. That is the only place I have found them so far.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Griza said:
Where did you get the Toyo's from? I am going to get a set myself but I want to see if I can beat 1010 tires price. That is the only place I have found them so far.
I just picked a set of staggered 20" style 87 replica rims and Toyo Proxes S/T tires from a highly regarded guy named Jeff Jarvis. He sells a lot thru eBay and a few people on this board has bought from him as well. (877) 627-8100 ext 239

I paid $2200 shipped cross country from CA to MD. The Toyos were a few hundred dollars cheaper than Diamaris. The tires were mounted & balanced before shipping.

I'm absolutely satisfied with Jeff's products and service, and would highly recommend.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pseto said:
I just picked a set of staggered 20" style 87 replica rims and Toyo Proxes S/T tires from a highly regarded guy named Jeff Jarvis. He sells a lot thru eBay and a few people on this board has bought from him as well. (877) 627-8100 ext 239

I paid $2200 shipped cross country from CA to MD. The Toyos were a few hundred dollars cheaper than Diamaris. The tires were mounted & balanced before shipping.

I'm absolutely satisfied with Jeff's products and service, and would highly recommend.
Let me know how they do in snow. I live in Denver, CO so there is more snow here. I haven't even bought the rims yet so what is your guy selling them for? Does he have a website?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
benathon said:
Let me know how they do in snow. I live in Denver, CO so there is more snow here. I haven't even bought the rims yet so what is your guy selling them for? Does he have a website?
It'll take a while for me to give you a snow update as I just put these on yesterday, assuming there won't be snow in DC for another 8 months. I did purchase them b/c they were rated for mud and rain, and wanted to see how they do in the snow. I may try to use them year-round, although I'm keeping my 18" setup for the winter just in case.

Jeff said that they handle well in the snow, but they were definitely NOT a winter tire. I may be able to get away with having them year-round here b/c there's only 1 or 2 snow storms a year that require a winter setup IMO.

I bought the 20" staggered replica rim/tire package for $2200 shipped from CA to MD. He also had the stock Diamaris for $200 more. I figured that since I know that the Diamaris are HORRIBLE in the snow and cost more, why not try the Toyos. I didn't have a problem going non-OEM, but some may. They actually ride just as smooth as my stock 18s, BUT it handles sooooo much better!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.