BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting my 335i that I ED'd back in march and after a little bout at the PCD have had a chance to drive the X3. Thinking about getting it for my wife and had the numbers all figured out on a 2 yr lease with an ED pick up, but I've been reading and hearing that the prices are changing. Anyone know what the new prices are? And with the trunk money they are offering on the lot cars is it better to negotiate on one of those and just get it here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
BMW has announced price increases. Base prices and packages will see increases depending on the model of car. The models released this calendar year will not see base increases (1,//M3, X6) but will see packaging increases. So for all those that wondered why the 1 was so closely priced to the 3, you now have your answer: BMW built the increase in already!

$300 on the X5, Z4, 328i, and 528i

$400 on the 335i and 535i

$600 on the X3

$1000 on the M5, M6, 750i, 750Li, and 6 Series

$1500 on the 760Li

$50 increase in destination charge (to $825)

Certain models will also have these increases:

$50 increase in automatic transmission

$75 increase in metallic paint option

$100 increase for premium package

$100 increase for the sport package.

See all here

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
...and the 2-year lease rates on the X3 still seem quite good to me. There is a (completely unconfirmed, as far as I know) rumor that the residuals on both the X3 and X5 will change soon. But I was told, as part of the same discussion, that there is a realization that the residuals of the X's coming off leases are approx. $3-5K above market.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
...and the 2-year lease rates on the X3 still seem quite good to me. There is a (completely unconfirmed, as far as I know) rumor that the residuals on both the X3 and X5 will change soon. But I was told, as part of the same discussion, that there is a realization that the residuals of the X's coming off leases are approx. $3-5K above market.
They already have changed. down 1% a few months ago and down 2% this month..they still haven't dropped 5-6% like the others, it's still a good deal comparing it to other options, but it's not as good as it was

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys....that'll learn me to wait on getting a second BMW huh? :tsk:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any chance that these residuals will be negotiable in light of the market prices? We really like out 2005 X3 and were planning to buy it, but are reconsidering now that I can see how far above market my option price is.

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
I did an X3 ED last year. I did full msd's, received owner loyalty reduction on MF and at that time residual was 77%. Factor in the price being based on ED invoice but the residual on US msrp. I dont think anyone would believe my current X3 lease payment. Unfortunately I dont think it will ever happen again.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I did an X3 ED last year. I did full msd's, received owner loyalty reduction on MF and at that time residual was 77%. Factor in the price being based on ED invoice but the residual on US msrp. I dont think anyone would believe my current X3 lease payment. Unfortunately I dont think it will ever happen again.
JUST CURIOUS WHATS your lease payment

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
we leased a fairly loaded X3 in 2006, premium package, sport package, navigation, privacy glass...

$900 over invoice, zero down, 39 months (for 36 month residual of can't remember exact number), 15,000 miles per year, maximum number of MSDs and great MF (something like .0012) after all is said and done.

My monthly payment is $385 INCLUDING 6% Michigan sales tax, on a zero down lease for a $44,000 vehicle. hilarious.

but that won't happen again anytime soon.

·
Registered
961 Posts
we leased a fairly loaded X3 in 2006, premium package, sport package, navigation, privacy glass...

$900 over invoice, zero down, 39 months (for 36 month residual of can't remember exact number), 15,000 miles per year, maximum number of MSDs and great MF (something like .0012) after all is said and done.

My monthly payment is $385 INCLUDING 6% Michigan sales tax, on a zero down lease for a $44,000 vehicle. hilarious.

but that won't happen again anytime soon.
Thats really good .. I dont remember how much I got over invoice or residuals but I got a 2006 with premium pack, heated seats, heated steering wheel,privacy glass and auto trans for 389 with tax (NY at 8.625%, 39 month lease) 0 down..the vehicle cost little less than 42k and was not an ED....now i only wish these type of leases could be had for the new 2009 3 series or 2009 x3 when my lease is up September 2009

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Thats really good .. I dont remember how much I got over invoice or residuals but I got a 2006 with premium pack, heated seats, heated steering wheel,privacy glass and auto trans for 389 with tax (NY at 8.625%, 39 month lease) 0 down..the vehicle cost little less than 42k and was not an ED....now i only wish these type of leases could be had for the new 2009 3 series or 2009 x3 when my lease is up September 2009
good for you, you got a similar deal.

some of us really cleaned up in 2006...we must have leased about the same time, ours is up October, 2009

Lets keep an eye out for each other.....if BMW leases still suck then, I will consider the 2009 Audi A4 Avant if I can get a deal on that.....they look damn nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
good for you, you got a similar deal.

some of us really cleaned up in 2006...we must have leased about the same time, ours is up October, 2009

Lets keep an eye out for each other.....if BMW leases still suck then, I will consider the 2009 Audi A4 Avant if I can get a deal on that.....they look damn nice.

pilotman,
You can do ED on Audi. We can finally meet in Nice this time. :)
P.S. I see more and more A4 around. Time for test drive.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
pilotman,
sounds like a plan, are you seriously considering another ED?

I will go with BMW if lease deals are good, otherwise I may look elsewhere.

Love BMWs but dont' want to pay out through the nose for lousy lease rates....cycles change every couple of years, I'm hoping for a good deal in Fall, 2009 on Wagon, maybe another X3, stripped out 5 series, etc etc.

·
Bayerische Motoren Werke
1,002 Posts
Not optioned out. Actually crazy options but thats another perk of leasing, not having to worry about someone wanting it.

Leather, heated seats, xenon, premium audio and privacy glass. US MSRP of about 43k.

24 month, 12k mile, no money down lease....310 a month.

·
Registered
961 Posts
pilotman,
Last time i heard audi only allows ED for purchase not for lease..Did they change the policy??

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Last time i heard audi only allows ED for purchase not for lease..Did they change the policy??
this has changed, according to audiusa.com, which is a huge improvement and makes it more competitive with BMW's program.

"The Audi European Delivery Program offer applies toward vehicle purchases (cash sales) as well as leases. Standard lease rates apply through Audi Financial Services. "

·
Registered
961 Posts
this has changed, according to audiusa.com, which is a huge improvement and makes it more competitive with BMW's program.

"The Audi European Delivery Program offer applies toward vehicle purchases (cash sales) as well as leases. Standard lease rates apply through Audi Financial Services. "
wow you just made my day..thanks:thumbup:..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts