BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I'm paying $608.92/month for my E90 330i with an MSRP of $46,865 and I wanted to get an idea of how much more I'd have to spend for an M3. I'll be going for the E90 M3 when it comes out but I'm guessing the price per thousands financed should be about the same. For example, I'm paying $12.99/month for every $1,000 on my car's MSRP. What are you guys paying per month for every thousand? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have never leased before but what you are asking for isn't going to work. There are WAY too many variables- the money factor (interest rate) and the residual being the most important. When the new M3 comes out I can tell you the money factor on it will SUCK making it a very expensive lease propositon.

I would guess a lease price of $1k a month would be about right.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You're basically asking how long it would take to get from point A to point B, without knowing where point A and point B are,
the distance between them or the mode of transportation.

But it's always fun to guess. I say $1100 including tax, with 2K down+drive off on a lease through BMW... :rofl:

·
Registered
122 Posts
bmwexecutive said:
Currently I'm paying $608.92/month for my E90 330i with an MSRP of $46,865 and I wanted to get an idea of how much more I'd have to spend for an M3. I'll be going for the E90 M3 when it comes out but I'm guessing the price per thousands financed should be about the same. For example, I'm paying $12.99/month for every $1,000 on my car's MSRP. What are you guys paying per month for every thousand? Thanks!
Tough crowd around these parts!:)

I puposely put the minimum down ($1416) and have a high mileage lease (+20,000/yr) and my payment is $1,169/mo. Total cost was around $60,000 with something like $30000 residual (not exactly sure). I didn't care about the monthly payment but I also didn't see any reason to throw more money away by putting more down just to lower the payment. No way did i want to be stuck with the possible resale headaches of a high mileage, high performance car. As long as it's my daily driver I'll continue to lease the next gen M3. If I get another beater for the daily commute then maybe I'll buy the next one.

Using payment per thousand equals ($19.48). Obviously fewer miles per yr would lower the payment.

SJ

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm paying something like $835/mo including CA tax for an M3 that was stickered at $61k with a residual of something like $37k and a decent money factor and 15k/yr mileage allowance. I can find the specifics if you want them.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chipster said:
I'm paying something like $835/mo including CA tax for an M3 that was stickered at $61k with a residual of something like $37k and a decent money factor and 15k/yr mileage allowance. I can find the specifics if you want them.
I'm hoping the new M3 will be right around that. I figure the sticker on the M3 I configure will be $65K so I'm hoping my monthly will be close to $900. Doubt I can afford it if we go into the $950 or higher per month range because insurance alone will cost me about $400 a month. How much did you put down?

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, here it goes:

I leased a brand new 2006 M3 Coupe with Premium Package, NAV, Metallic Paint, and Custom Ordered it from Germany (waited 7 weeks). I received the car on June 8th, 2006.

My lease is with U.S. Bank as they gave a better "money factor" (APR) compared to BMW Financial.

To sum it up:

Total Capital Cost --> ~$61,000
Mileage Allowance --> 15,000 / yr
Down Payment --> $2,000 (including first month's payment, taxes, license and registration)....I paid NO security deposit
Lease Length --> 36 Months
Monthly Payment --> $951 x 35 months

...I forgot the residual value.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
IceEyes said:
OK, here it goes:

I leased a brand new 2006 M3 Coupe with Premium Package, NAV, Metallic Paint, and Custom Ordered it from Germany (waited 7 weeks). I received the car on June 8th, 2006.

My lease is with U.S. Bank as they gave a better "money factor" (APR) compared to BMW Financial.

To sum it up:

Down Payment --> $2,000 (including first month's payment, taxes, license and registration)....I paid NO security deposit

Depending on the residual that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Any idea how much lower the monthly payment would be if you were looking for a 12K or 10K mile per year allowance?

·
Registered
12 Posts
jetstream23 said:
Depending on the residual that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Any idea how much lower the monthly payment would be if you were looking for a 12K or 10K mile per year allowance?
Yes, it was a very good deal....especially for a custom order from Germany, and please add on top of that the fact that this car was the dealership's "Last Allocation" for a custom M3 Coupe. The production run ended the same month I received my car.

The trick for getting a good deal at "any" dealership is to deal with the Fleet Manager, rather than the regular salespeople. Since I wanted to lease this car as my "company car", I started calling the Fleet Managers of all BMW dealerships in my region...and I got the best deal.

I will look up the documentation for 10K / 12K miles options and their associated prices....if I can find it :)

Oh, and let me show you a couple pictures of the car.... see the attached pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
IceEyes said:
Yes, it was a very good deal....especially for a custom order from Germany, and please add on top of that the fact that this car was the dealership's "Last Allocation" for a custom M3 Coupe. The production run ended the same month I received my car.

The trick for getting a good deal at "any" dealership is to deal with the Fleet Manager, rather than the regular salespeople. Since I wanted to lease this car as my "company car", I started calling the Fleet Managers of all BMW dealerships in my region...and I got the best deal.

I will look up the documentation for 10K / 12K miles options and their associated prices....if I can find it :)

Oh, and let me show you a couple pictures of the car.... see the attached pictures
Love it. That's a GREAT color combo. My friend has Silver Gray and Imola Red but I like the Titanium as well. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you! This color combo was the sole reason that the car had to be ordered custom :D

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
I *bought* a 2003 M3 and I'm paying $700 a month with 0 down... I just can't see myself buying a new car any more... I have everything I want :0

·
Registered
4 Posts
lease in so cal.

i've called many dealers and brokers in so cal and so far i have

grey silver/black 06 m3 coupe *fully* loaded w/ smg- 64k

got it discounted down to around 61k

for 30 months ( just can't do any more than that with the thought of new m3s around)

10,000 miles a year ( i drive max 7,000 miles a year, might drive more with an m3 of course)

down - $3,000
monthly $1,000

if you guys can refer me to a good dealer or broker who can get me a better deal like iceeye's, i'd appreciate it cuz i'm getting one by this weekend for sure.

im a former 330cic owner. thought about switching to benz. test drove a few and just on a whim test drove an 06 m3 and i pretty much made up my mind right then.

thanks!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, buddy.... You need to call Ben Karim from Irvine BMW. He is the Fleet Manager there. I bought my 2006 M3 from him, and also my 2006 X3 from him last Friday.

Tell him that UGAR sent you. He knows me well....

Here is his contact info:

Cell: 949-463-6760
Work: 949-387-8264
E-Mail: [email protected]

I hope this helps.

·
This side up.
557 Posts
bmwexecutive said:
because insurance alone will cost me about $400 a month. How much did you put down?
that sounds pretty high. you would pay almost $5000/year for insurance?:dunno:

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah.... that is too high for insurance.

For my leased 2006 M3 and leased 2006 X3, with uber-high limits (100,000 / 300,000 / 100,000 liability, plus comp + collision with $1,000 deductible)..... I pay $700 for 6 MONTHS.

Get the insurance from AIS (www.aisinsurance.com) if you're in So. Cal. They will sell you a Mercury Insurance policy (they are the agents for Mercury) as above.

I hope this helps.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
IceEyes said:
OK, here it goes:

To sum it up:

I am no lease expert, but the payment seems very high to me. You will have paid for 64% of the vehicle's cap cost in 3 years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well, shop around and let me know if you can get a cheaper lease.

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
chuck92103 said:
I am no lease expert, but the payment seems very high to me. You will have paid for 64% of the vehicle's cap cost in 3 years.
The 15k miles per year probably killed the residual. I lease with 10k miles, put on more, and sell the car before lease end to a private buyer. I avoid excess mileage charges and hits for dings, window chips, etc this way. It also keeps my payment lower. The resale on my previous 2002 530i was so good that I actually recovered 4 lease payments when I sold it.

Residuals go down as the year progresses. Best time to lease is early in the year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not quite....you do not include the lease rate (APR) in your calculation, I assume?

chuck92103 said:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.