BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parts from other cars can I use on my 91 525i M50? Looking at making some mods to my car. Would like suggestions.

The one I want todo I a the headlights. What car do I use to get the projection style headlights. I dont want to buy as I can go to the local car wreckers to get parts.

Plus suggest any mods I can do!

·
BMW CCA Memeber #445389
3,287 Posts
wheels are a good upgrade
M5 sway bars
S50/52 cams (E36 M3s)
S50/52 headers (E36 M3s)
540i brakes

and then non interchangable parts (aftermarket) that you would benefit from
Exhaust
Steel braided brake lines
lowering springs and sport shocks struts

·
New comer
333 Posts
as for your headlights, any e34 headlights would work, the only thing different would be the headlights grille. since their are two types of hoods on the e34 the narrow and wide. So depending on your hood style will help you from picking the right headlight grille, and again if you want headlights projectors e34's headlights will work period and i believe the E30's headlight assembly will work but not the E30's headlight housing.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
530's & 540's have the wider grilles and nose pieces that i know of, the 540's "liek mine" have the projector low beams so a 540 that i know of should have a projector set up. if i get new headlights like i plan i can sell you mine cheap. oh wait nvm mine are all type of Messed up. the brackets at least..yay for zipo ties from previous owners!!
!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you look at my sig thats how projector headlights should look like.
I pickup some projector style headlights today from the junk yard. Will be putting them on in the morning. I think I got them from a 91 325 or 745. The fit as I had to get another headlight hold has the person before cracked the old one; and used zip ties to hold it in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.