BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I've got my iPOD adaptor cord and Bee's disk (thanks Bee!). I've got Rolf's contact info and he knows what time to come get us Saturday and that Monday (early) is the date...

Do I need to take ANY paperwork with me - anything I signed at the dealer, anything they've mailed me in their care packages... I am trying (vainly) to travel light and don't want to overload but I don't want to overlook some slip of paper or who knows what, that is critical for this.

thanks...

Beth

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I recall correctly all you need is your passport and drivers license. Passport is all that they requested from me at the Welt delivery.

·
Registered
225 Posts
That is what the letter that comes with the clock said: passport and driver's license. I was ready to bring the birth certificate of my first-born if that would get me my car!! =) You are so close now - a week from tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Despite the written instructions, my CA suggest we take a photcopy of the notorized Power of Attorney form and the copies of the other pages in that 5-page package that we signed on the day the final order was submitted. Being really obsessive, I plan to take them even if they are not really needed.

We also have Int'l Drivers Lic. for use in Austria, just in case.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had actually considered doing this as well. Paper doesn't take up that much room/weight. I always figure that I won't need what I already have, but the one thing I leave at home is exactly what I should have taken. (And, yes, I always over-pack - but I always have the right shoes!!!)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,697 Posts
What "BMW related" things do I need to take with me?
It's more important to remember things as you drop the car off.

Just remember to take the DVD out of the car when dropping it off (as well as the iPod - a few years ago it was a case of "klein Moment, Rolf, i hob' mein iPod vergessen").

And don't forget other things you might want to take (ignoring the moron who wanted to take the car's mats in an apparent attempt to steal an extra set of mats from BMW) but if you want any of the following as a souvenir, take them with you:
  • Front license plate
  • FA kit
  • Warning triangle

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Jonathan! Good list.

Good idea on just photocopying the docs - can't hurt. Or I could scan them and email them to myself just in case.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
One more item, since there have been several such posts over the two years i have been on the forum, take a copy of your order with exactly what you ordered on your car.

There have been a few who had missing options, wrong color, missing packages upon arrival. While BMW has always fixed the issue, it is could to have the paper work to show them when there is an error.

·
CarSwami
806 Posts
Good idea on just photocopying the docs - can't hurt. Or I could scan them and email them to myself just in case.
That's what I did. I scanned all the paperwork and sent them to my Yahoo E-Mail account. I figured that I could easily access the documents if I needed them without having to carry them with me. As I'm sure you have discovered, there is not much room in the trunk of the convertible!:)

By the way, I also have the front page of my passport scanned and stored in my Yahoo account. If I happen to lose my passport (God forbid), I can print out a copy of the front page and take it to the nearest US Embassy/Consulate and apply for a replacement.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
By the way, I also have the front page of my passport scanned and stored in my Yahoo account. If I happen to lose my passport (God forbid), I can print out a copy of the front page and take it to the nearest US Embassy/Consulate and apply for a replacement.
This is a great suggestion. We have used the old fashioned method of each person carrying a photocopy of the other's passport info page. But I think we'll switch over to this high-tech solution. :thumbup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Or, for the Mr. Monk in a few of us, do both - backup to the backup. :)

·
CarSwami
806 Posts
Or, for the Mr. Monk in a few of us, do both - backup to the backup. :)
SusieBelle is right! When it comes to my passport, I carry a papercopy of the front page with me when I travel overseas, just in case I need to get my hands on it immediately. The scanned copy on Yahoo is my backup!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts