BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open for suggestions. Not looking for new. Want a reliable BMW that will handle like the E39. Would welcome your ideas.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hear it's not uncommon to have people ask new BMW salesmen if they could just make the E39 again...I'd buy one. 530i is enough for me....

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Time for an E39 M5

·
Registered
87 Posts
340i with a manual trans and the M sport package seems to be the modern version of the 540i.

But prepare for sticker shock!

For a non-BMW alternative, I read that the Chevy SS is the closest thing. But it's a Chevy... :thumbdwn:

·
BMW: Freude am Fahren
145 Posts
340i with a manual trans and the M sport package seems to be the modern version of the 540i.

But prepare for sticker shock!

For a non-BMW alternative, I read that the Chevy SS is the closest thing. But it's a Chevy... :thumbdwn:
Agree on both counts. the current 3 series is very close in size and room to the E39.

The Chevy SS is as *seriously* nice car, with great performance and looks. 2016s at $40K with discounts make it a performance bargain in sports sedans.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll likely get flamed for this, but a 2014-15 Jetta GLI w/manual has much of the same feel. Can be had relatively inexpensively too. Yes, it's smaller, but front wheel drive has it's advantages in Mpls.

·
Nothing to read here...
2,694 Posts
WEll if youre up for a car loan you can source an e60 m5 for 20-30k easily

·
(oOO\(|||) (|||)/OOo)
3,229 Posts
I'd also add that the Chevy SS seems to be a modern E39 M5, though the interior isn't my favorite and the styling isn't as clean. As far as BMWs, the M-sport 340i mentioned will probably be your best bet. Love the blues they offer it in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts