BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a ‘08 535xi and noticed an area which may require bolts to support the motor mount or to bolt something to this area of the subframe. This image is of the driver side motor mount to the subframe. Unable to find any helpful images or diagrams online so far. Any help would be appreciated.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Premium Member
2001 325i sedan 5mt, 2009 535xi Touring 6mt
774 Posts
I see what you’re sayin. I had my subframe out a few years ago but don’t remember anything going there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have the same car that can take a picture of this location for me so I can see what’s there?

·
Premium Member
2001 325i sedan 5mt, 2009 535xi Touring 6mt
774 Posts
Not the best photo since this is on the ground with wheel and splash guards installed. You can see the front hole and there is nothing there.
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Wire Electrical wiring

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome good to know but wonder why they have this there in the first place? Wonder if it bolts up to something to lower out the entire subframe at the dealer?

·
Registered
E30 325e, E34 535i, E46 330Ci, E60 530i, F10 528i, F10 535d
554 Posts
Just purchased a ‘08 535xi and noticed an area which may require bolts to support the motor mount or to bolt something to this area of the subframe. This image is of the driver side motor mount to the subframe. Unable to find any helpful images or diagrams online so far. Any help would be appreciated. View attachment 1049833
realoem.com is your friend. you can look it up there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts