BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BMW Nuthead
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was painting my calipers and cleaning up the wheel well area before I install the Bilstein Sports next monday, and I noticed the front struts are Sachs..are these OE or have they been replaced??? If so could I resell them?? Looks like brand new control arms too, I wonder if I should get a carfax report, if some of you guys remember I had to repaint the right side rocker panel due to some damage that was covered up from the previous owner. I am taking the left side off now, the underside of the bumper is scraped all to hell, I had to replace the front little spoiler a few weeks ago because I noticed half was missing. And the bumper is not seated correctly, it is sagging down about 1/3 of an inch...makes me wonder:dunno:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I was painting my calipers and cleaning up the wheel well area before I install the Bilstein Sports next monday, and I noticed the front struts are Sachs..are these OE or have they been replaced??? If so could I resell them?? Looks like brand new control arms too, I wonder if I should get a carfax report, if some of you guys remember I had to repaint the right side rocker panel due to some damage that was covered up from the previous owner. I am taking the left side off now, the underside of the bumper is scraped all to hell, I had to replace the front little spoiler a few weeks ago because I noticed half was missing. And the bumper is not seated correctly, it is sagging down about 1/3 of an inch...makes me wonder:dunno:
I believe the M5 shocks are made by Sachs. I would suspect that all the 5 series shocks are made Sachs.

·
BMW Nuthead
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so why does the right side actually say Sachs, without a roundel..and the left side doesnt say sachs and has the roundel, I would figure both would have identical markings

·
BMW Nuthead
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so one of those is new, otherwise they would all be matching...does anyone agree

·
Registered
904 Posts
damn good question - one would assume they would have matching labels/markings. but then again, they grab em off the shelf and one came from a different lot? hard to say.

·
Registered
264 Posts
so one of those is new, otherwise they would all be matching...does anyone agree
Yes, the SACHS would be the newer one. It should have part number 3131 109 6857 on it, for the Sport package.
Cheers

·
BMW Nuthead
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, I guess it doesnt matter it steers well and runs great..plus all 4 will be matching Bilsteins in 5 days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts