BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordering orient blue convertible (with blue top) and I am having a hard time deciding on the interior color.

I like sand, but I've seen pictures of grey and it looks really nice too.

The car will have PP so it will have to go with the wood.

Which is easier to keep clean? Grey or sand?

This is central texas, so of course the summer (and spring and fall) heat is a concern.

SteveH

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
hockeynut said:

Which is easier to keep clean? Grey or sand?
They're both easy to keep clean. As to which will show dirt easier, that's obvious. The lighter the color the more dirt it will show. Personally, I think Sand is a great interior. I've got it on mine.

·
2,457 Posts
:dunno: No Natual Brown? I think that's the nicest choice for O Blue. Also, with the top down, the black/brown combo would look real neat.:thumbup:

·
Registered
546 Posts
I say sand as well. I have an OBlue/Sand 330ci and the combo looks fantastic. The sand leather and wood trim complement each other very nicely.

Don't worry about the time commitment required to keep the interior clean. You'll need to constantly wash the orient blue exterior so any time spent on the interior will seem like nothing. :)

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
I have a OB 323i with Sand. The combo looks awesome.

But if I could have gotten Natural Brown I'd have done so. That looks even better.

I saw an M5 at the dealer the other day with Carbon Black/Caramel. That's probably the most beautiful combo I've ever seen. It's just stunning.

My next car, an 04/05 M3, will be Carbon Black/Cinammon, assuming that's still available when I order.

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
I think Sand looks really classy with Orient Blue.

I myself ordered mine with a black interior though.... the two-tone interior with the sand and black dash just didn't sit too well with me... :dunno:

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
Natural Brown. Go see it in person.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Of course, I'm recommending sand and natural brown leather, but when I was considering Orient Blue, I would have ordered it with black leatherette (since the black 'ette is so much more convincing than the sand 'ette).

Part of the reason I really like natural brown is that the dash is black.

I'm still almost kicking myself for not ordering leather. I need to get my car to be convinced that the 'ette is going to be OK. :eek:

·
Registered
889 Posts
beauport said:
Natural Brown. Go see it in person.
Completely agree, pics don't do it justice.

Don't get me wrong, I love my o-blue, but check this out before you make your final decision. Oxford green with the nat brown is really nice on the drop top.

Good luck!

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
Plaz said:
Just say no to baby blue.

Black!

:thumbup: nice!

That gives me an idea of what mine's gonna look like (except in coupe form) :)

·
2,457 Posts
Cliff3 said:
Another vote for natural brown. Here is a link to some pics of an OB/NB cab from the showroom: link
I was searching for that link earlier today, when I posted to this thread. Thanks for digging it up. That's immediately the pic I was thinking of when I heard O Blue Cab, while reading this thread....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Why Sand? or Gray? Ugh!

Have you not seen OB with Natural Brown. They were made for each other, there could not be a better combination for either.

Another Major vote for OB/NB

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want to thank everyone for making my choice even more DIFFICULT! ;)

I still like the sand, but the nat brown looks really sharp as well. At some point I will just have to find a coin and flip it.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

SteveH

·
Raoul Duke
12,582 Posts
hockeynut said:
I want to thank everyone for making my choice even more DIFFICULT! ;)

I still like the sand, but the nat brown looks really sharp as well. At some point I will just have to find a coin and flip it.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

SteveH
Don't forget to take into account the heat on the seats with the top down. That TX sun will make certain colors burn your ass faster than others!

Natural Brown looks does look sharp. Tough decision indeed.

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
Here is a question for you...didn't see it asked yet...

Do you have kids that will be riding in the car?

If you don't, I would say gray. I just like the light/dark contrast.

If you do have kids, I would say nothing lighter than natural brown and would highly recommend black!

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Desertnate said:
Here is a question for you...didn't see it asked yet...

Do you have kids that will be riding in the car?

If you don't, I would say gray. I just like the light/dark contrast.

If you do have kids, I would say nothing lighter than natural brown and would highly recommend black!
2 kids, but they know better than to eat in Dad's car :)

Black looks nice, but won't work in Texas with our 100 degree summers.

So far sand is winning.

SteveH

1 - 20 of 26 Posts