BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all --

A couple of days ago, on the streets of Manhattan, I saw this absolutely gorgeous E46 M3 (driven, incidentally, by a very good looking woman) -- and it was a color that I don't think is a regular production color -- it was a fairly dark metallic blue, much darker than topaz but not as dark as orient blue, and has a very slight gray-blue-ish hue to it. Can someone tell me what color that is? I have a friend who has a M3 on order and would be interested in changing his color choice (once he actually sees it, of course). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Maybe the car was in an accident and repainted.

There's no BMW blue like the one you described. The only blue darker than Topaz and lighter than Orient is Le Mans blue, and that has NO hint of grey in it...And that's a $2,000 special order.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Speaking of Estoril, is it a normal M Roadster color?

There is a LSB and a Estoril M Roadsters at Crevier, and they both look pretty ugly.

20,210 Posts
The HACK said:
Maybe the car was in an accident and repainted.

There's no BMW blue like the one you described. The only blue darker than Topaz and lighter than Orient is Le Mans blue, and that has NO hint of grey in it...And that's a $2,000 special order.
yup, it was probably either Topaz or Avus

Topaz can look dark on overcast days:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
There's also Carbon Black, as someone mentioned. The basecoat is black but the metal flakes are blue, at least I think that's how it works. The car looks quite dark but shines blue in the light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts