BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MPowered RPh
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick survey - what did you guys do with your license plates and registrations after you got home. Here's what I did (please pardon the picture - museum glass and the frame is gray)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Perfect for the man cave
:rofl:

My front zoll plate from previous ED is sitting somewhere on a shelf in the Garage, the rear is still on my E60 behind the California plate.

That's a great idea if you had a Man Cave to hang it on :thumbup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just a quick survey - what did you guys do with your license plates and registrations after you got home. Here's what I did (please pardon the picture - museum glass and the frame is gray)
Oh man, that is awesome!

Perfect man cave! Id love to get one of these made up, and inlcude my Australian and Swiss vignettes

Now, you gotta tell us how you did it.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
... and inlcude my Australian and Swiss vignettes.
That's actually a great idea! I was so much in a rush to drop off and catch my flight I forgot to take my Vignette :(

·
Is this thing on?
1,375 Posts
Well, one of them is on the back wall of my cube at work. People who know and see it smile, people who don't know tend to ask :)

The other one is on the wall in my garage above where I park my car. Couldn't think of a more fitting location :)

·
HerrDoktorProfessor
3,650 Posts
Very cool. The front plate remains on the car. The rear is in display in my office. Haven't done anything with the registration etc. They kinda look like old WWII era documents.

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
This is exactly what we plan to do with our rear plate once our CA personalized plate comes with the same license plate number as our Zoll plate. The front plate will stay on the car. We'll probably also have our delivery photo, Neuschwanstein photo and the Hotel Markusturm photo in my sig, along with the Zoll plate and the German registration. The German pollution sticker and the Austrian and Swiss toll vignettes are still on the car and will probably stay there unless they start to come off.

And the shadow box isn't going into a man cave, it's going on the wall in our family room! the spot was picked out before we left!

·
Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
6,489 Posts
Front plate: Above the door in my home office. Rear plate: Hanging in the garage with the rest of my tag collection (original issue plates from each new car). Vignettes and umweltplakette still on the car. The registration documents are filed away with all the other pre-sale, purchase and delivery paperwork, but framing them is an interesting idea.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
This photo is a couple of years old. Currently, the Zoll plate from the 2010 ED replaces the second plate from 2008. I have also added the Torino (TO) plate from one of the Lancias.

(Our house with the big garage--set up with tool chests, peg boards, hardtop lift, utility sink and telephone--is on the market. Offer enough, and I might include some of the plates in the deal. :angel: )

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just got my car back this weekend. One Zoll plate is still on the car, in the front. The other in the trunk for now. Registration paperwork with manual in glove box. Vignettes from Austria and Czech Republic still on front windshield. German registration sticker on front window too. I think I'll be leaving them there. Nice conversation starter should someone see them. Sets the car apart from others. Still waiting for my NYS plats, so until I get them the Zoll plate will stay on the front of the car.
Putting some of these paperwork and pictures into a finished picture frame is an excellent idea!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just finished a project this weekend to place my front plate in a shadowbox frame along with a plethora of pictures from the trip, came out pretty good. Hanging it in the main living area.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
So no problems getting your plates back to the States? With all the warnings I've read I got the impression I'd be extremely fortunate to get even one of the plates when the car reached the US.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
I now have three Zoll plates at work and three in my home office. I needed my the registration from last ED to prove that I did not take delivery when I signed the paperwork in February, but instead the date was in May when the car was redelivered. The State wanted $2800 for me not carrying insurance from Feb to May. Luckily, my German registration cleared things up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So no problems getting your plates back to the States? With all the warnings I've read I got the impression I'd be extremely fortunate to get even one of the plates when the car reached the US.
No problems. I left papers in the car, on the steering wheel, front seats, truck which requested plates left on car, vignettes left on windshield, etc. I got it from someone's ED page. Handy to print out a few copies and bring them along for when you drop off the car. Got my car back Friday. One plate was in the trunk, the front was still on. All vignettes were still on the windshield. German registration paperwork in manual package. Even the paperwork to request that things be left in/on car where in the trunk.
I also talked to Log In log Out when I dropped it off to express my wishes and show the request. They were familiar with the request and didn't have any issues.
PCD also asked if I wanted from plate left on car that morning I picked it up.

·
Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
6,489 Posts
The shipping agent (LogInOut) and the VDC have become familiar with this request by now and in most cases, everything arrives at your dealership more or less untouched. If your dealer doesn't handle a lot of ED clients, they are the weak link you need to worry about. Regardless of any notices you left in the car, don't forget to remind them of your wishes as redelivery day nears. Vignettes in particular can fall victim to the new vehicle prep crew, unless they were forewarned.

·
Travel Fever
2,745 Posts
I hang the plates on the book shelves. The green registration books were recycled once the cars came back safe and sound.

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
We signed our rear plate and gave to Adrian Avila. The front stayed on the car. It was still on the X3 at lease turn-in.

The first aid kit and warning triangle were still on the car too. I wonder if they stayed with the car and if the current owner knows they are there.

Paperwork? I have no idea. It is either in a box somewhere or in a Georgia Landfill.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.