BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What do Bi-xenons do at Startup...

1082 5
I noticed last night that upon starting the engine - the bi-xenons do some kind of up, down beam adjustment. Any idea what that is?

Also I noticed a small bit of condensation on the outer clear cover at the bulb location.

Is that just because of the heat differential between the colder air on the exterior?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
They put their left foot in, and put their right foot out...

It's just their auto-leveling adjustment. Looks kewl. Wish they would do a side-to-side adjustment too...that would be badazzzz.
The condensation usually means you have a small hole/tear or a bad seal somewhere in the headlight cover. For me, the rubber boot that is located where the bulb connects had a small tear in it. I took the cover off, dried it out and then used some silicon gel on the tear and the problem was fixed.
JG said:
I noticed last night that upon starting the engine - the bi-xenons do some kind of up, down beam adjustment. Any idea what that is?

Also I noticed a small bit of condensation on the outer clear cover at the bulb location.

Is that just because of the heat differential between the colder air on the exterior?
Thanks Ack..........

Would it not be unsual to be on both lights?

Frankly I wouldn't have noticed. I got out to see what the beams looked like on high and regular and noticed the small amount of condensation. I wil mention it to my buddy who is the shop forman at my BMW dealer.
Ack said:
The condensation usually means you have a small hole/tear or a bad seal somewhere in the headlight cover. For me, the rubber boot that is located where the bulb connects had a small tear in it. I took the cover off, dried it out and then used some silicon gel on the tear and the problem was fixed.
It is kewl. Sideways followed by a full circle or two would be a nice addition!
philippek said:
They put their left foot in, and put their right foot out...

It's just their auto-leveling adjustment. Looks kewl. Wish they would do a side-to-side adjustment too...that would be badazzzz.
Regarding condensation:

BMW says condensation is normal up to 10 minutes with the Xenon headlights on-if it does not dissipate within 10 min. it is a faulty assy.

Just my experience.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top