BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wandered over to our Infiniti showroom for my first peek
at a G35 Coupe. Arctic Grey with the aero package.
Now, there's a car with "eyeball"....

:yikes:

Should I go back over there with my camera??

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've seen it, and was disappointed. It's a bigger car than the 330Ci, but has less back seat and trunk room. I also don't think it's particularly good looking from a number of angles. I liked the 350Z much more, but that car is even more lacking in practicality.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
THe exterior does have a certain "wow factor", but I find that the longer I look at it, the less I like it. I just wish infiniti would clean up the interior to be more Germanic and less 80's boom box. I do think the exterior is better than the Z4 or e65 though.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Jon, have you driven one yet?

If my personal experience is any measure, it's already siphoning off some customers. Two colleagues, whom I had been steering toward either 325Cis or 330Cis, have defected to the "Dark Side." One already placed an order for a G35c, and the other is leaning toward doing so.

I haven't driven one yet, but the sedan is damn impressive.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in_d_haus said:
I'm always happy to make someone else work...Sure Jon, go back over and take a nice pic for us! :thumbup:
Alright Doug...

I can't upload from the office, though.

I did get some nice pics.

I didn't drive it yet, so I can't reflect on da ride.

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Post the pics!

I've seen glimpses of it and it looks all good. I'm so chomping at the bit to buy a new car and the G35C is the only thing that I would spring for currently.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
IMO, the G35C looks great, is fast enough, people say it has decent handling...but the interior has low rent plastic (compared to BMW), the back seat is noticeably smaller and it's heavier.

The looks are nearly enough to get me into a G35 sedan for a test drive. Nearly every time I see one (especially, but not exclusively from the front), I think to myself, "what a great looking car!" :yikes:

However, I've waited too long for a new 3-series to buy something else at this point, especially given the Infiniti's weak points.

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
PhilH said:
IMO, the G35C looks great, is fast enough, people say it has decent handling...but the interior has low rent plastic (compared to BMW), the back seat is noticeably smaller and it's heavier.

Go check out the Z if you want to see low-rent plastics:thumbdwn:

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
I saw one at last auto show. It looks good from some angles and its styling definitely stands out. The rear bumper was way too bulky and the tailpipes approach grapefruit launcher territory, though. Enough was said about its interior in this thread. I personally don't think that the 3-series interior is very luxurious but I love it for its ergonomics and switchgear feel. It is the most ergonomic interior that I've ever seen!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Take some pics. My dartboard needs a new target. :D

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
It still doesn't look like a real Skyline but its MUCH better looking than the sedan or the 350Z overall.

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
Kaz said:
It still doesn't look like a real Skyline but its MUCH better looking than the sedan or the 350Z overall.
I agree with that. I drove the sedan and it drives very well, but I can't stand the titanium trim. It's bloody irritating.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Kaz said:
I disagree, the 350Z looks better than the G35C

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Mystikal said:
:confused:

I think we have a replacement for Nate as the most dedicated BMW enthusiast. :p
Nope, the E65 front end sucks. :D

·
Confused.
4,941 Posts
If it was out when I purchased my car, I would have to take a long hard look at it.:eeps:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts