Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to some banter on the radio yesterday regarding Starbucks and the WTC tragedy. The conversation was 2-fold. The first piece being comments on their new add promotion, "collapse" into a Koolata (sp? a frozen drink). The promo also calls for the store to have these plastic green grass looking things that people are saying looks like the WTC.
The second piece of conversation revolved around Starbucks trying to pass along a $5,000 bill to the workers at ground zero (Police, Fire, Rescue Squads) for water. After taking MAJOR flak they decided to just eat the bill.

Any comments? I didn't hear but a couple minutes of the conversation but I was curious as to what others have heard, plus I'm bored today :rolleyes:

T

·
0 Posts
Personally, I think those two stories are both being misrepresented/overplayed. I saw the "collapse" ad and it's not offensive unless you are overly sensitive and look for things to be offended by. And I think the whole 9/11 "bill" thing has been mistold and is now in the category of urban legend.

However, I think their coffee is marginal. Yes, of the widely available prepared coffee, it wins. But there is MUCH better coffee out there. Starbucks takes lower quality beans and over-roasts them to mask their poor quality.

But, as I do regularly drink a lot of Starbucks, I find most any other coffee I get out there tastes weak.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I think people are now being too overly sensitive to all the WTC stuff. Stuff like the BMW not donating money to the relief effort, to every little incident being related back to terrorists/WTC when NOTHING like that should be implied.

People need to grieve, take action, whatever...But NOT over-react.

I hate Starbucks by the way. I think they overcharge for crappy coffee...They are the epitome of marketing over substance.

·
Vietato
21,927 Posts
I did saw a news article about a store in NYC was demanding the firemen to pay for the case of water bottles before the guy would let him walk out with it. So, the fireman charged it on his credit card. The corporate office found out about what that guy did and refunded the money back to the fireman. I can't remember what store that was but it was the company that was doing this, it was just that manger that wasn't thinking about it at the time.

·
5,820 Posts
TD said:
THAT'S the controversial ad? Had I not heard about it on the radio, I would never have made the association. Talk about hypersensitivity. Maybe it's a plug for Microsoft too with all the butterflies. Thanks for the post, TD.

I don't drink coffee, but my neighbor goes to SBux every A.M.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ripsnort said:
Re:TD's pic

You-have-got-to-be-kidding!
BIG TIME :rolleyes:

Ahhh, we're doomed as a culture folks! :(
When is this crap gunna end????

I mean which is more stupid.....someone thinking that add represents the trade towers....or Starbuck's PR firm actually removing the add

what is the world coming to:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
well, yesterday on O'Reilly Factor, : Raeed Tayeh from American Muslims for Global Peace were crying that Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz publicly supportted Israel and thier "illegal occupation of Palestine" because he was awarded an award from a jewish commitee regarding helping the jewish community.

for those who dont know who the muslim is, he is same man who said this (quote taken from fox news)

--In a letter printed in the Hill newspaper, Raeed Tayeh said he was disturbed that "many of these pro-Israeli lawmakers sit on the House International Relations Committee despite the obvious conflict of interest" caused by " their emotional attachments to Israel." And, he wrote, "The Israeli occupation of of 'all' terrritories must end, including Congress."

He's an anti-jew, who dont even want jews to be in government. So, while i dont know a lot about starbucks as a company and employment practices etc... i know i went to spend 6 bucks this morning, just to spite that idiot Raeed. I can tell you, muslims are slandering Starbucks LIKE CRAZY because the number 2 competitor cofee company is 100% muslim owned... the CEO: a terrorism supporting Sheik from Saudi Arabi (that is proven folks)

so alot of the rumors you hear is just that rumors...

and that picture looks nothing like WTC, thats just some paranoid liberal starbuck haters idea of slandering imho

·
5,820 Posts
DougDogs said:

When is this crap gunna end????

How about the Wall Street Journal article that says we're not using Truth Serum on captured terrorists because it's considered cruel and unusual. Helloooo???:dunno:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Ripsnort said:
Ahhh, we're doomed as a culture folks! :(
Man, we've been DOOMED as a culture for a long time.

Proofs of that,

1) Left lane hoggers

2) Accident rubber neck'ers

3) Los Angelenos

4) George Bush (both of them) Being president

:tsk:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
dredmo said:
well, yesterday on O'Reilly Factor, : Raeed Tayeh from American Muslims for Global Peace were crying that Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz publicly supportted Israel and thier "illegal occupation of Palestine" because he was awarded an award from a jewish commitee regarding helping the jewish community.
That's what I thought this thread was about before I clicked it

btw, Caribou coffee is 80% Muslim owned, not 100%

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
youre right now that you say it, but the lead stock holder is the shiek i speak of.... and FY nate george bush is the best president
possible for the time we are in. Only one downfall, hes a pushover when it comes to the Israel situation. He needs to stop stalling but I will certainly vote him in again, can you imagine gore screaming lets all be friends, and sending olive trees to usama

and yeah i was wrong caribou is like 80 somthing % owned not 100

·
5,820 Posts
Dredmo,

I loved the part where he said he wasn't being anti-semetic, just anti-Israel. Isn't the root of the Muslim hatred (those that do) Jews? Witness the Daniel Pearl tape.

T

·
0 Posts
The HACK said:

Man, we've been DOOMED as a culture for a long time.

Proofs of that,

1) Left lane hoggers

2) Accident rubber neck'ers

3) Los Angelenos

4) George Bush (both of them) Being president

:tsk:
Are you that bored? #4 is guaranteed to start a big fuss with all the right-wingers we have here. But even I (registered Democrat / Communist) am much happier with either Bush than I am with Clinton. Clinton is a disgrace. At least even the younger Bush reveres the office.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts