BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just tossing this around...

The previous gen M3s have 240hp, while the 330 puts out around 225. Aside from the speed difference, is the suspension changes from each model, etc...

What will handle better of the two, and which will be faster overall? I just prefer getting a car that's already taken its depreciation hit, and is still wicked fast. Of course, if I go for the 330 I'd lease it and get the coupe.. but I'd pay signifigantly more on the lease price.

What do you guys think? Also, if I were to lease that M3 (presumably a '99), would I get all the benefits current leasees get, like free maintenence and such for the duration of my lease?

Thanks again!

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan said:
I've driven both extensively, and the M3 handles better and is faster than the 330. If you lease a used 1999 M3, you will pay for maintenance out of your own pocket.
Other than what's covered by warranty, right? So oil changes, such things... they will be out of pocket.

How much do oil changes and services run for this car? Just curious, never owned a BMW before :)

G

·
PLEASE do a search on this topic in the archives. A LOT of meaningful observations about the two cars have been posted. They are more dissimilar than they are similar. Read up and then drive both and I'm quite sure you'll strongly prefer one over the other. But I have no idea which one you'll prefer.

The 330Ci is a sporty luxury car while the E36 M3 is a somewhat luxurious performance car.

I've had the 4-door versions of both. They are not at all alike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts