BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think this 325ix is worth? It's and '88 with 15x,xxx on the clock. It looks like it is in good condition. This is the 3rd time this exact car has been listed on ebay in the last month. I am looking for a second car... hopefully one I can keep around for a while and make it into a classic.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

****** removed>

·
I feed trolls
4,976 Posts
1 million dollars....

parts are expensive for the x model. beware
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002349823432489235 million

Example: to rebuild one strut on the front costed me over 200, for the spring and shock. No upgrade, just OEM stuff. And theres alot of iX specific parts as well; IE just about the entire front end. Its a sweet car though, AWD donuts are epic :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am well aware that BMW's can be expensive to repair.

What do you think this specific car is worth? 3k, 4k, 5k?

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
I am well aware that BMW's can be expensive to repair.

What do you think this specific car is worth? 3k, 4k, 5k?
Here we go, the BMW name doesn't mean EXPENSIVE. Yeah the cars are expensive but known for luxury and power all in one. I hate when people think BMW means you got money or that they are a million dollars to fix. e30's are cheap to fix, learn how to turn a wrench.

Now to answer your question i'd say about 3k+, they're relatively hard to find in that shape.

EDIT: although, if I had 4k+ to throw down, I would. I wouldn't go over 5k.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you want to make some dinero, bring that thing to the Pacific Northwest and sell it. It'd easily go for 7k plus out here (the market loves E30 cars and really loves the iX).

There was a pretty thrashed '88 iX with 192k miles and a 5-speed that was gone very quickly from the Seattle craigslist at $4k - someone jumped on that thing.

I also know for a fact that a '90 325iS 5-speed with original red paint & basketweaves (black leather) and 145k miles and all service records fetched nearly $10k at a consignment lot in Seattle recently.

·
Straight Bimmin
1,060 Posts
If you want to make some dinero, bring that thing to the Pacific Northwest and sell it. It'd easily go for 7k plus out here (the market loves E30 cars and really loves the iX).

There was a pretty thrashed '88 iX with 192k miles and a 5-speed that was gone very quickly from the Seattle craigslist at $4k - someone jumped on that thing.

I also know for a fact that a '90 325iS 5-speed with original red paint & basketweaves (black leather) and 145k miles and all service records fetched nearly $10k at a consignment lot in Seattle recently.
When I sell I'll drive out to Seattle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
its an old thread, and the pictures are gone, but i bought my first '88 IX for $4k in SoCal.... and it was in GREAT shape. my second, i bought for $1200, but it was 1WD (instead of 4WD)... sheared off half the rear diff (somehow) and the X-fer case was toasted. still got it, though, and shes my little Rally Beast!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts