Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The MPPK (M-Performance power Kit) for x35 cars (N55) included the tune and air box while using the stock exhaust. On the car that the OP is looking at, you can ask the dealer to send a pic of the engine bay where you should see the intake, new engine cover, as well as the MPPK sticker. BMW also offered a separate M-Performance exhaust for those cars that could be added with or w/o the MPPK. The MPPSK (M-Performance Power and Sound Kit) on the LCI x40 cars (B58) includes the tune and a straight piped cat-back exhaust while using the standard air box. Key features to look for on these cars would be the under hood sticker, the muffler has "M-Performance" embossed on it, and larger exhaust tips in either stainless steel or carbon fiber w/ the M logo etched on the top.

The M-performance stickers along the side skirts was a separate option when I ordered my 340 and had nothing to do w/ getting the MPPSK.

MPPK & MPPSK are M-Performance accessories installed at the port or the dealer so they would not show on a VIN decoder. If port-installed however, it would be on the original window sticker. And as someone mentioned, you can always go to the service dept and they should be able to pull it there. Maybe even go to your local dealer w/ the last 7 of the VIN and see if they'd check for you? You're not asking for the history or a print out, just what equipment is on the car.
Excellent information! I'll let you know what I find out from the dealer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks everyone for your help. Unfortunately, the car has been sold. Now I know more information to prepare me for the next time. Bummer, though.

·
Sandlapper
199 Posts
Performance exhaust installed

Thanks to all for the info about the exhaust options. I had the M Performance Exhaust system installed by my local BMW dealer last week on my 2019 440 GC. I have to say I'm pleased with the result. It's not too loud and gives a sound that fits better with the engine than the stock exhaust system, which I thought was too meek and weak.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks to all for the info about the exhaust options. I had the M Performance Exhaust system installed by my local BMW dealer last week on my 2019 440 GC. I have to say I'm pleased with the result. It's not too loud and gives a sound that fits better with the engine than the stock exhaust system, which I thought was too meek and weak.
Thanks for your comments. What does it cost to add? Did you add a chip also? Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I added the total MPPK, exhaust and air intake. Added about 30 hp and there is a Software update too. I say the only negative is cruising speed at 60 mp there is a lower rumble that was not there before. My wife noticed. Easy fix just drive 70! jk.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I added the total MPPK, exhaust and air intake. Added about 30 hp and there is a Software update too. I say the only negative is cruising speed at 60 mp there is a lower rumble that was not there before. My wife noticed. Easy fix just drive 70! jk.
Any idea what causes the "lower rumble" that you mention? I'm thinking that the MPPK might be a good choice, particularly if the louder exhaust is eliminated when the car is put in Comfort Mode. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up a 2019 GC 440 with MPPSK about two months ago. Port installed. Without a doubt the best option you can select for this car. I would encourage anyone considering this car to get it. I was initially concerned it was going to be too loud and obnoxious but it is not at all. Car is tame and quiet in Comfort mode but becomes a beast in Sport mode. I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Picked up a 2019 GC 440 with MPPSK about two months ago. Port installed. Without a doubt the best option you can select for this car. I would encourage anyone considering this car to get it. I was initially concerned it was going to be too loud and obnoxious but it is not at all. Car is tame and quiet in Comfort mode but becomes a beast in Sport mode. I absolutely love it.
Yes... my last car did not have the option to "turn off" the muffler "noise".

I love having that option. When I come in late at night or leave early in the morning, I don't have to be a bad neighbor.

Far as a "deal"... I purchased the muffler and tune when I purchased my 2015 vert last summer. It was already quick enough so I'm not sure if I got anything there (sure it is faster, but where in the heck am I driving? Not on a track, I'd got an M for that and not a vert).

The muffler rumbles put a smile on my face every time... it is juvenile, but I like it. :)

Believe I paid a little over $2000 for muffler and tune... it was high for what I received, but it is dealer installed. I had issues with tune/muffler/warranty with my last car so I justified the cost in my mind (last car not a BMW)...

I'd do it all again...

·
Registered
20 Posts
We picked up our 2018 440i GC in Munich and drove it 2,500 miles in Europe. Before re-delivery in Tampa, I had the dealer install the MPPK. The car had been smooth and fast in Europe, but the MPPK transformed it. Now, that quick switch into "Sport" or "Sport+" brings on a much more serious personality change. I wouldn't want to live without it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello I have a 2019 440 IX Coupe. I am looking to get a local BMW dealer in MA to install the MPPK software and exhaust. Has anyone already shopped around and has an idea what dealer is familiar and competitive to install it. If the part costs $2950 list plus installation then between $3500 to $4,000 would be good or have others done better. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine was about $2,700 installed on a 2014 435i convertible. I say an add for 25% off any part or accessory and parts manager said yes that qualifies and that would be a great buy!, it was and is!

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,554 Posts
If you are not already a BMWCCA member, you should join. Most dealerships give a 10% or more discount on parts to members. $300 in savings is pretty significant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you I am a BMW CCA member and your right the discount helps. Because my car is a 2019 the MPPSK the kit is more expensive. So far I am between $3600 and $3900 installed with a discount. My car is a manual so you get maybe 25 hp more vs automatics which get 35 hp more. I am kind of on the fence if its worth it or not. Its a lot for a louder exhaust in sport mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed the M Performance exhaust on my 2018 540i Drive last month, you do get a slight increase in horse power because of the decreased resistance with the new exhaust, I was told it was about 15 HP boast. As far as the sound, it is EXCELLENT It was definitely a great purchase. Now I drive it in Sports Mode all the time (except highway).

21 - 34 of 34 Posts