BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I have the 'ette seats, SP/PP (leather steering wheel, I think?), wood trim... What products would you recommend for cleaning the interior?

I have Vinylex for the 'ette, and Lexol for the steering wheel... how about the other miscellaneous plastic parts?

What about the wood parts? Do I break out the Lemon Pledge??

What's the best cleaner for the windshield/windows?

:dunno:

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alex Baumann said:
I'm using BMW interior cleaner. Best stuff I've ever used, it's not glossy when used on the dash and it smells good too.

You can use it anywhere you want, leather, dash, plastic etc.

Good stuff :thumb:
That brings up a question... Does Vinylex and Lexol leave a glossy finish? I don't particularly care for a glossy interior...

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KP said:
Isn't Vinylex = Lexol? The only part of the interior that I have trouble cleaning is the aluminum trim. Very fussy. I have ette as well, and I usually wipe the whole interior with a damp towel, and then use a generous amount of vinylex. But once you get vinylex on, you kinda have to put it on everywhere else, or else it looks like you just dabbed ur interior only in certain spots:confused: .
The Lexol company makes Vinylex... it's essentially Lexol for Vinyl surfaces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.