BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't know if this has been asked before but my other posts inspired me to think of this:

what kind of work/job do people on the 'fest do ?

(when not slacking off and surfing through the 'fest...:eek: )

:bigpimp: :D

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I've got some pisant $40k/year job and so does my wife.

:lmao:

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
I spend my days listening to music to the tune of So Long Ms. Smith and remix's of Barbie Girl. :cry:

·
3,762 Posts
I'm a professional clown-boxer. And during my off-time, I like to whack moles and spank monkeys. :lmao:

OK, seriously, I'm an independent programmer.

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
ff said:
I'm a professional clown-boxer. And during my off-time, I like to whack moles and spank monkeys. :lmao:

OK, seriously, I'm an independent programmer.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
I'm Mike and Al's personal tax planner:D

Part time job of leaning on shovels and watching others work;)

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Hi, my name is Alex and I post pictures :)

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Since everyone here is obviously taking this post so seriously (and I erred by trying to make a referential joke to a stupid post I made in another topic, silly me), I hope that everyone here will please accept my humble apologies.

BTW, it's nice to know what everyone on the board does for a living.

(BTW, I'm currently a management consultant, but am considering a career change. I'd like to teach, but unfortunately, our society doesn't value our teachers very much, as evidenced by their piss-poor compensation system, so I guess I'll have to find something else that's valuable to society and allows me to pay the bills).

·
super-sexy
247 Posts
I'm a web developer/designer. I work for a cool company in Watertown, MA called Cosmic Blender. I get to do all kinds of neat Flash animations, websites, interactive stuff.. I like my job :)

I also play bass in a R&B/Soul/Funk band in Boston, The Royal Family. It's not as much of a job as the web dev, but I do make money at it. We're working on a CD right now. It's a good time.

And I have a kick-ass bimmer! :thumb:

- Cowboy

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now that people are taking this seriously ..:mad:
thanks hts!! :thumb:

i just graduating with a comp sci. degree from univ. of calif. at davis. i wear many hats at work but my official and lame title is computer analyst/developer.

currently working as a systems architect/developer/project manager (sorta) on a huge middleware project that integrates huge applications that our company has running. i get to work on architecting and building part of a system that connects those nifty voice response systems to all sorts of back end system DB's, and apps. (billing, power outage info, scheduling field orders..etc)

clown boxer.. hahahhaha. funny image....:D

·
Finally Own One
107 Posts
ff said:

10 Go to ff
20 Do ff's work for him
30 GoTo 10
Good to see we're still using basic, or something like it.

·
3,762 Posts
Darth Reagan said:
Good to see we're still using basic, or something like it.
Not sure what langauge that is. I remember it from TRS-80's (trash 80's) from the 70's and 80's, as well as the MAC's we had in high school.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Ripsnort said:
I am a professional father. Oh, and I work at Boeing sometimes too. :D (Engineering Applications Analyst.)
Professional father, eh Rip? Hardee-har-har. I was beginning to wonder why someone as opinionated as yourself hadn't weighed in on that one yet!

Of course, I concluded that you quit your job at Boeing in order to be there 24/7 for the little guys!

:D

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
I do have virtual office days from time to time, usually when hour long telecons are conducted..I hate those, especially when they involve the French! ;) (j/k..well, kinda....)

20,210 Posts
hts said:

Professional father, eh Rip? Hardee-har-har. I was beginning to wonder why someone as opinionated as yourself hadn't weighed in on that one yet!

Of course, I concluded that you quit your job at Boeing in order to be there 24/7 for the little guys!

:D
Rip isn't one to stir the pot that way.

(and in your defense hts, I believe it was ME that stirred that pot over there anyway)

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Ripsnort said:
I do have virtual office days from time to time, usually when hour long telecons are conducted..I hate those, especially when they involve the French! ;) (j/k..well, kinda....)
Well, in that case, since you're working from home from time-to-time, I'm sure on those days you spend every waking moment playing with and singing with your l'il uns, rather than doing your 'real' work, right?

;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts