BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through the threads and the stickys, but don't think I've seen the answer to this question. I've called BMW NA in New Jersey several times and have been told that my car will be (or has been) released from the VPC to the trucking company on May 12. I'm told that the trucking then has 48 hours to pick it up. What does that mean? Does it mean that the trucking company has 48 hours from some particular time on May 12 to picks it up and start on its trip to the midwest with my car and other midwest EDs? Or, does it mean that the trucking company has 48 hours to take responsibility for it, then it sits under the aegis of the trucking company until the day that it has enough other cars to fill its carrier before starting on the trip. I'm really not getting any clear indication from my CA or BMW MA. Though, when I talked to my CA today he said that since it was released to the trucking on May 12 it should be here by May 24. This dealership doesn't do many EDs and I think they really don't know. However, if he is right then that really seems mindblowingly long. Any experiences and information is truly appreciated.

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
932 Posts
I live in the Northwest. Our cars arrive on the west coast at Port Hueneme, in California. The VPC is a couple miles from the port. Once my car was released to trucking, it took 3 days to come up to WA. Some of it depends on how many stops it has to make on the way, but that's 3 days for 1000 miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is pretty quick. I'd be very happy to get my car three days after release to the trucking company.

·
Registered
289 Posts
that since it was released to the trucking on May 12 it should be here by May 24. This dealership doesn't do many EDs and I think they really don't know. However, if he is right then that really seems mindblowingly long. Any experiences and information is truly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that you have not indicated the numerous calls made to your CA. So he/she is giving some cushion for the calls to start again. I also guess that you will hear from your Ca before May 24 with the good news to come get your car. Peace!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope I hear from him before then. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
225 Posts
ddtan, I appreciate your post because I also live in Gig Harbor. You have given me a reasonable expectation of when I can anticipate getting redelivery, i.e., about the middle of August, just in time for summer in the Northwest.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts