BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there are only two seat belt receptacles in the back seat of our 325i. Does this have something to do with the split-folding rear seat option (which we have), or perhaps the installation of a child safety-seat LATCH belt by the previous owner? Or did BMW just goof up and forget to install one? (Because it really is missing, not accidentally 'folded in between the seats')

Attachments

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
For some reason my mind was going on a totally different direction once I read the title... :tsk:

·
Banned
0 Posts
I noticed that there are only two seat belt receptacles in the back seat of our 325i. Does this have something to do with the split-folding rear seat option (which we have), or perhaps the installation of a child safety-seat LATCH belt by the previous owner? Or did BMW just goof up and forget to install one? (Because it really is missing, not accidentally 'folded in between the seats')
Bingo. You have three latches. One is occupied by the child thingy.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bingo. You have three latches. One is occupied by the child thingy.
Note that in the passenger half of the bench, there are supposed to be two buckles, one for the centre position right next to one for the right rear passenger. After looking at many E90s on eBay with similar option configurations, I think it is a defect and they left one out.

Here's one from an '06 330i with ZCW.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
For some reason my mind was going on a totally different direction once I read the title... :tsk:
+1. I am very disappointed this thread is actually about seatbelt receptacles. :(

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1. I am very disappointed this thread is actually about seatbelt receptacles. :(
Sorry. I know I'm the most boring 19-year old male to have a conversation with. All I talk about is the weather, the economy, and fuel consumption. :cry:

·
Better with Butter
2,526 Posts
We can change that if you want. < insert suggestive eyebrow raise >

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Um, no thanks. My conversations weed out the true car enthusiast friends, and those kids that just care about how much boost they can put on their Nissan 350Z and what intake to put on their Hondas.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,958 Posts
Sorry. I know I'm the most boring 19-year old male to have a conversation with. All I talk about is the weather, the economy, and fuel consumption. :cry:
OMG, you're me! :) Being a serious minded youth can really suck sometimes, I know.....not that I fit the youth category anymore, but at one time I did.

Have you pulled out the seat cushion? I'm betting it's there, just got pushed down completely under the seat.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i suggest opening the sunroof so the legs can stretch out :p

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OMG, you're me! :) Being a serious minded youth can really suck sometimes, I know.....not that I fit the youth category anymore, but at one time I did.

Have you pulled out the seat cushion? I'm betting it's there, just got pushed down completely under the seat.
How does one pull out the seat cushion?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not boring. Those things are very important, and even interesting under the right circumstances.

It's important to decide "weather" it is "economical" to "fuel" your passion at a gentleman's club, a brothel, or get some for free at home!:D

And being 19, you have a far better chance of hooking up with a hot 18 year old chick than us older farts!:rofl:

Just kidding of course. Good on you for being a serious-mined youth. I was similar at your age. It paid off in the long run!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
lol no worries, if anything, you definitely know your sh!t on here. :thumbup:

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,958 Posts
How does one pull out the seat cushion?
I haven't done it on a bimmer, but usually the seat cushion is held down by a couple of hooks built in to the floor board (one under each side of the cushion) that hook to part of the underside of the seat cushion frame. You push the front part of the cushion down and back at the same time and the frame will come unhooked from the floor board. You can usually do each side separately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts