Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am rebuilding the top half of my N62 X5 4.8i. Before it is put back together, what are the hard to reach parts I should replace while everything is apart? Coolant hoses that connect to the firewall? Other sensors? I am open to recommendations with reasons. I appreciate the help as I would love to avoid climbing in my engine twice. I have already inspected or replaced all cooling parts at the front of the engine, replaced transfer pipe, valley pan, water pump, thermostat. What are the unspoken parts? HCV will be replaced when valve covers come off. Hoping the N62 people can chime in.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I imagine you're doing valve stem seals as well? I would suggest replacing the eccentric shaft sensor seals on both valve covers too.

Edit: Vacuum pump re-seal? Oil pressure switch?

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I imagine you're doing valve stem seals as well? I would suggest replacing the eccentric shaft sensor seals on both valve covers too.

Edit: Vacuum pump re-seal? Oil pressure switch?
Thanks. Yes I will be replacing all of that. To clarify my question, I am looking for weakness areas unrelated to the VCG, TCG, VSS job that are much easier to reach/replace with the top half of the engine apart and proactively avoid future failure. Anything behind the engine and intake for example. There may be nothing but I don't want to miss something easy before I put it all back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts