BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse a relatively new member the question, but what exactly was the thread that sent "he who shall not be named" into purgatory? I finally finished reading the 639 post jabfest he was the star of in March 2009 which started as an innocent discussion regarding the merits of the 328 vs 335. At that point he was still operational albeit absolutely asinine.

Now I'm morbidly curious....Somebody please point me to the thread which canned him.

·
BMW Driver
163 Posts
I got done reading that thread a few days ago also. It was very entertaining to say the least.

I am curious also. :dunno:

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
It's best not to talk about it. Black BMWs might show up at your house at night with men wearing dark suits and shades.

:eeps:

While BJ was entertaining, his record also includes crossing the line so far over that it's surprising it took this long for a permanent ban.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
Hi Kat. Our mod, Emission (Mike), posted a response to your question at about the time HWSNBN was canned. Many of us wanted to know what the straw was.
X pushed the envelope, and enjoyed playing agent provocateur. Unfortunately he went too far in antagonizing the newbies, and made some statements towards the end which might even have gotten him slapped down in Off Topic (if that's possible). He got the ban stick once and promised to toe the line if allowed back. He was. However he quickly resorted to his Bimmerfest persona and even went further with off color and questionable references, one involving children.
When he went a little too far I let him know my opinion as did others. It was too late though, this time he got stood up against the wall and vaporized into electrons.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Kat. Our mod, Emission (Mike), posted a response to your question at about the time HWSNBN was canned. Many of us wanted to know what the straw was.
X pushed the envelope, and enjoyed playing agent provocateur. Unfortunately he went too far in antagonizing the newbies, and made some statements towards the end which might even have gotten him slapped down in Off Topic (if that's possible). He got the ban stick once and promised to toe the line if allowed back. He was. However he quickly resorted to his Bimmerfest persona and even went further with off color and questionable references, one involving children.
When he went a little too far I let him know my opinion as did others. It was too late though, this time he got stood up against the wall and vaporized into electrons.
Asked and answered. Thanks.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
I want more details... :eeps:
Oh geeze, no you don't! I tried to be as neutral as I could in my summation to Kat. Back in the day when I was defending the right of BJ to post, and of others to ignore the thread, I made it onto three "Ignore" lists.
Talk about touchy subjects...it may already be too late to stop the hounds.

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
Sounds like he was a bit of a /b/-tard. :/

·
Enjoying Your Money
572 Posts
Please excuse a relatively new member the question, but what exactly was the thread that sent "he who shall not be named" into purgatory? I finally finished reading the 639 post jabfest he was the star of in March 2009 which started as an innocent discussion regarding the merits of the 328 vs 335. At that point he was still operational albeit absolutely asinine.

Now I'm morbidly curious....Somebody please point me to the thread which canned him.

You've read 639 post of BJ's bull!?!? I wish I had that much time to waste :D

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts

He was a jackass who added zero value to any thread on this forum; I'm sure he's a sad old dude who lives in a Kaczynski shack somewhere in the deep New Hampshire woods, living free or dying. :rofl:

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
He was a jackass who added zero value to any thread on this forum; I'm sure he's a sad old dude who lives in a Kaczynski shack somewhere in the deep New Hampshire woods, living free or dying. :rofl:
I'm a little concerned that you know how to spell Kaczynski's last name...
We prefer to think of our citizens living in "shacks" as more Thoreau than Theodore. Please do not dis those of us in NH. Remember, without us, carnivals would have to go all the way to Arkansas for new hires.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not just here

And know that this wasn't the only website that he pulled his crap on.

On topics and websites far removed from BMW and cars (satellite TV for one), there he was, being an absolute dick.

He was banned on that site as well, IIRC. Totally different audience, different subject, different admins, same result.

·
Banned
0 Posts

On topics and websites far removed from BMW and cars (satellite TV for one), there he was, being an absolute dick.

He was banned on that site as well, IIRC. Totally different audience, different subject, different admins, same result.
Links or you are going on my ignore list. Hater.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts

Yep, he was not only banned on the other site, they erased every post he ever made, and all references to him. Like he never existed. Or like Servicemaster has for their motto pertaining to cleaning up after a mess "Like it never happened".

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
:stupid:

:stupid: also (except for the dig about NH, I just found out what the heck Piney's were from Fast Bob... :rofl:

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
You know what I liked best about his posts? It brought out numerous great retorts from a number of very witty Festers. Some of the responses from, for instance, captainaudio were classics! Those threads were a lot like Seinfeld in that they tended to be really about nothing. It was just a very entertaining way to spend a little time every day.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.