BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
325i: floor mats, keychains, 3er T-shirt...
M3: M3 polo shirt, M Power sweatshirt... :thumbup: Plus the usual keychains...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ALEX325i said:
325i: floor mats, keychains, 3er T-shirt...
M3: M3 polo shirt, M Power sweatshirt... :thumbup: Plus the usual keychains...
Do you think if I say for an extra $500-600 throw in a alarm system and a cd changer in the trunk they would go for it?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
DMD said:

Do you think if I say for an extra $500-600 throw in a alarm system and a cd changer in the trunk they would go for it?
I really don't know... Since those are "dealer installed accessories", I'm it'll vary from dealer to dealer...

Honestly, I think the alarm is a waste of money... I mean, have your dealer program the clown nose to blink when the car's locked, and it'll cause the same "effect"... AFAIK, the current BMW models are "unstealable"... :dunno:

As for the changer, $600 sounds reasonable. The changer itself can be had for $345.00 if I remember right...

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Mats and wheel locks.

I was looking this weekend at a pretty bare 330ci at the local dealer which had the changer, alarm and UGDO installed, and the cost of those 3 items was $2000. :yikes: :yikes:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
might just get the clown noise and put in a changer by myself since the car is prewired. I cannot belive they do not include mats with the car!!! At least they are nice enough to include them it sounds like if you ask. I should be picking up my car soon within the week :)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Key chain
mug
mats
BMW mini maglight

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
DMD said:
might just get the clown noise and put in a changer by myself since the car is prewired. I cannot belive they do not include mats with the car!!! At least they are nice enough to include them it sounds like if you ask. I should be picking up my car soon within the week :)
Well, mats come "standard" on M cars... At least they did on my former M3...

I too find it RIDICULOUS that floor mats are often a "freebie" on 30+K cars... :tsk:

G

·
For the two new BMWs I've bought from my salesman at VOB I received:

2 t-shirts
2 keychains
floor mats

And for the last purchase, the CPO'd M3, I received all of the above except the floor mats (it already had some - he didn't throw in new ones) plus a stainless steel travel mug.

So, in total, I'm at 6 t-shirts, 6 keychains (4 generic BMW, 2 M3 specific), 2 sets of floor mats, and a travel mug.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
DMD said:

Wow! How did the dealer screw up such that you got a free HK and $100 certificate???
The certificate came in the mail, about a week after delivery, with a letter introducing all the services of the dealership and the "survey rap". So I guess they send it to all new car delivery customer's without thinking about thier other screw up.

The HK was not in my "over invoice" deal, and I told them I wasn't paying any extra for it, cause I had not ordered it. I guess someone made a mistake when entering the order for my car. I saw the HK option on the dealer printout when I got my production number, but kept my mouth shut about it. :) My dealer also had fired my salesman a few days before delivery, so maybe he made other mistakes like this:dunno: :dunno:

I was prepared to tell them to take it out if they wanted to...but it never came to that. (they did charge me for floor mats, but I'd rather have free HK than free floor mats:thumbup: )

·
Registered
738 Posts
Me to salesman: "Really, you keep your lousy gifts, I just want a bigger discount!"

They aren't really "gifts", they are charged onto your car and ultimately you pay for them with a higher price.

Thats one thing I don't miss (dealing with salespeople) It was so painless to come to a deal on my 325. I talked to the GM at the dealer, told him the options I wanted, and in minutes he made an offer I could not refuse...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DrBimmer said:
Me to salesman: "Really, you keep your lousy gifts, I just want a bigger discount!"

They aren't really "gifts", they are charged onto your car and ultimately you pay for them with a higher price.

Thats one thing I don't miss (dealing with salespeople) It was so painless to come to a deal on my 325. I talked to the GM at the dealer, told him the options I wanted, and in minutes he made an offer I could not refuse...
Good Point!

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
came with Mats, a key chain (and when the dealer asked if my girlfriend would be getting a key and I said yes, he gave her a key chain too) And my dealer also made a self burned and very well made cd of th Bare Naked Ladies for me to listen to on the way home. Thought that was a nice personal touch!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts