BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a pretty good system in mine, Kenwood mask headunit and CD changer, Twin amps powering a Pioneer Sub and a pair of Sony 6x9s, front I have some JBL GTO's running off of the head unit with standard BMW tweeters.

My problem is I've got massive sound from the rear but have to fade it down to get anything from the front.

My plane is to amp the fronts but I don't know what to upgrade the speaker to, any suggestions?

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
JL audio mate

That is what i am upgrading to next month. I already have JL audio 6x9's running off an amp in the back :)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
+1

I have a convertible and the problem is that all the sound disppears out of the hole above my head :doh: I also had problems with resonance which was exacerbated by the type of music I like to listen to. Anything over volume # 8 and the whole car would vibrate !!

I had JL Audio speakers encased in bespoke pods fitted in the front footwells. It has made a massive difference.:thumbup:

·
Dale Crane is the MAN!
871 Posts
I have 6x9 JBL GTO's in the rear and Alpine 13C2's running in place of the footwell speakers.

I havent replaced the door speakers as they seem fine and crisp, even just running off the HU's internal mosfet.

I do plan to get a sub and amp at some stage but I have to sort out the master/slave settings for the two JBLs as one is making a pretty annoying static sound on the lower volume levels.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JL audio... How much ,,,:yikes: Just had a look on eBay..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts