Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gone for a week or so, and this board is colder than the iceberg that hit the Titanic? Don't tell me that people are actually working now :D

On another thread, I read that Dredmo is no longer writing because he has been shut down by the PC crowd? That is a first.

Anyway, glad to be back in imperial Rome (eh, U.S.). Nothing like fresh air, compared with the pollution in Bangkok (and the less polluted one in Hong Kong).

As an aside, I was watching in a semi-conscious condition a BBC program about the Jaguar X type. The apologists at Ford kept saying that although the X type is a Contour in disguise, the three series is not much different. Their main point is that the three series is made of the same parts that other mass produced cars are made. They pointed out also that the three series is the third mass produced car in Germany. Hardly a luxury car in Ford's view.

My take? Well, while there are parts in the three series shared with other brands, I think a lot of them are specifically modified for BMW use (the GM transmission comes to mind). Also, sales so far show that the X type is not succeeding, nothwithstanding the propaganda from Ford.

Now, back to work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Re: What happened here?

in_d_haus said:

I think the trolls won...
Quite so. Allow me to quote myself as I derive such pleasure from doing so:

From "Is Bimmerfest losing steam?"

"The inherent problem with debate is that it requires the presentation of alternate and possibly contrarian views. I dare say we all hold to our cherished beliefs and said contrarian views fundamentally challenge those beliefs. Some welcome the exposure and the opportunity to expand ones viewpoint; others find them threatening and will make every effort to shout them down (imagine a child hands on ears singing loudly "I can't hear you lalalalalala"). At day's end it comes down to a shouting match and the loudest voice(s) win(s) unless emotion is excised from the discussion. Easier said than done. I enjoy the discussion, the shouting is enervating.

In rereading this I should point out that while I maintain its truth it is far too simplistic. Nothing is so immutable in the realm of human behaviour. To that end I should add that ot course one might find the wherewithall to open their mind to one argument while finding the very next to be wholly unacceptable."

I should rather believe the "PC" characterisation in inaccurate. The boundaries drawn were quite different. Free speech is anathema. Politics are not allowed Religion is not allowed. OT posts must be vacuous. The undesirables have been either driven away of into silence. If that end was ever in doubt note the diminution of troll posts in this joyful peaceful land.

·
Registered
44 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Damn Icky, did you pen the Constitution??...
LOL No. Would that not cast me as a bit beyond the 3 Series age demographic?

I concur with your assessment of the situation as being coordinated.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Ichabod said:

I concur with your assessment of the situation as being coordinated.
Just the facts maam:

1) Some individuals here get hurt feelings and leave.

2) Said individuals return under a different name and start to troll followed by a hoard of like individuals.

3) Once the board is significantly disrupted and chaos reigns 90% of the trolls disappear and the few that stay are now sedate.

Mission accomplished.... :(

Vengence is mine sayith the trolls...

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
DaveN323i said:

On another thread, I read that Dredmo is no longer writing because he has been shut down by the PC crowd? That is a first.

I like you dave. Your a good human being. Give yourself a hug for me today. All people are good, I love, love.

T

·
0 Posts
in_d_haus said:

Just the facts maam:

2) Said individuals return under a different name and start to troll followed by a hoard of like individuals.

3) Once the board is significantly disrupted and chaos reigns 90% of the trolls disappear and the few that stay are now sedate.

Yup. Call it circumstantial evidence, but it looks more legit than OJ's glove.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
in_d_haus said:

Just the facts maam:

They only win if you let them :p

I'll do my best to not be sedate. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: What happened here?

dredmo said:

I like you dave. Your a good human being. Give yourself a hug for me today. All people are good, I love, love.
:D :D :D

For a second I thought a hippie from the sixties was hailing me from the northern woods.

How is that drive of yours? All organized?

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What happened here?

DaveN323i said:

:D :D :D

For a second I thought a hippie from the sixties was hailing me from the northern woods.

How is that drive of yours? All organized?
:lmao: there is one scheduled every year in july, i will post info about once it gets closer. The drive of mine, well i doubt that will happen.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Eugie Baange said:
"Fight the power! Fight the power that be!"
This was the last place I expected to see PE lyrics...

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
TD said:

LOL. I wondered if I was the only one who noticed.

Keep it real.
Yeeeah Boyeeeee

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
DaveN323i said:
You know, I hope all this talk isn't referring to me. I read that other thread too, and didn't respond, but wondered.

The last debate I tried to have with dredmo, he wasn't staying on point, so I bailed. That's okay, no harm, no foul.

I'm FAR from PC, and not a liberal, despite how much dred likes to try and shove me in that pigeonhole. I'm against gun control, against drug prohibition, against Megan's law, and against gambling and prostitution prohibition, for example.

And I'm *still* waiting for anyone to specifically articulate (as opposed to spewing forth random ventings of vague dogma) what freedoms and/or liberties the ACLU has taken away from anyone. :dunno:

I'm pro-liberties, and pro-freedom.

Maybe all these references are not aimed at me, but for some reason I have a hunch they have been.

So there's my $.02 on this issue.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Kaz said:

Yeeeah Boyeeeee

Bass! How low can you go?
Death row. What a brother knows.
Once again, back is the incredible
the thyme animal
the incredible D, Public Enemy Number One
"Five-O" said, "Freeze!" and I got numb
Can I tell 'em that I really never had a gun?
But it's the wax that the Terminator X spun
Now they got me in a cell 'cause my records, they sell
'Cause a brother like me said, "Well...
...Frarrakhan's a prophet and I think you ought to listen to
what he can say to you, what you ought to do."
Follow for now, power of the people, say,
"Make a miracle, D, pump the lyrical"
Black is back, all in, we're gonna win
Check it out, yeah y'all, here we go again...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts