Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I'll start out with the whole story: I purchased a 07 650i from an auto auction that had been in a low-speed accident that took out the passenger side headlight/fog, bumper and quarter panel, so I was able to drive it into the garage just fine. As I'm going through my checklist of parts, I happen to notice a drop of coolant and find that I need to replace the lower radiator hose, temp sensor, and radiator so I change that over and refill, no biggy.

Now today I decided to hook the battery back up and start the car to make sure everything is good and was planning on an oil change as well but here is when the problems start.

I go to start the car and it cranks and dies, so I try again, cranks and starts for all of 1-2 seconds then dies. First thought was battery might be a little low from being disconnected for a while so I throw the charger on it and check back in 20 minutes and it was already at 100%, so should have a full charge. Then I thought to myself, I know it was low on fuel, maybe it was lower than I thought and with the jack stands and the front end up, maybe everything is at the back of the tank. After this happened, I had my scan tool connected to the car and I hit "Quick Erase" thinking that the next time I fired up the car, I would get a better idea of the codes. Went and filled up a gas can with premium, came back and gave it some push water. Went to start the car again and get nothing.

Now basically the only lights that now come on when I put the key in are the ABS light, e-brake light, Airbag with the person, and car window down on the bigger screen. I get no mileage display, no idrive screen power, no instrument lights, etc.. dead as a doornail.

I have pulled every fuse in the trunk and could not find any fuse issues so where do I go from here, did my scan tool erase something and cause issues?

Btw..scan tool cannot pull codes now, thinks car ignition needs to be on (Autel MK808)

:mad:

·
Super Moderator
8,316 Posts
If the battery got very low on voltage, you might need to sync the DME & EWS. A dead battery will not charge in 20 minutes, so I would start looking at the battery voltage. Measure the battery voltage at the jump start under the hood with the headlights in, & the engine off. If the battery is less than 12 volts at this point, the battery might have gone bad? If these 2 things do not fix the problem, I would start looking at the IVM module.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts