BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bimmer Gal
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YeeHaw! I just called and my 330Ci is status 151, due to be completed by October 4. Well, I can't make it over to Munich to pick it up until mid-November, which got me ta' wonderin'.... what do they do with the car in the time between completion and when the customer picks it up?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My guess is since you are going to drive the car in Europe it needs to be registered in Europe as a new vehical(i think this takes most of the time), they also have to get insurance and license plates. Everything is done in your name, therefor they require payment in full 30 days before they do it. I'm sure it only takes them two weeks to do this, but they probably stay on the safe side and ask for extra 10 business days. For US delivery they do all this while the car is on the boat. In most cases dealer receives title papers two or three weeks after the car is sheeped, so by the time it gets to the dealer he has all the papers he needs to complete the sale.

This information may not be very accurate, but that what I've compiled after talking to my dealer a few times.

·
Bimmer Gal
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I guess it would make sense that they would need some time to get all of the paperwork in order.

I was wondering, too, where and how do they keep the car "stored" while it's waiting for it's new human to pick it up?

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
The car is park in the lot of Freimer(sp) delivery center "collecting dust". For the next 6 weeks. Just like ours :p Which has been there for the past 3 weeks, + 5 more weeks to go...:D

beewang

1 - 4 of 4 Posts