BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2002 325i with Xenon. My xenons come on with day time runninglights and manually with the switch. but the inside lights next to the xenon lense never come on. Are they supposed to be city lights or what? and how do I turn them on???

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
If you have an '02 with Bi-Xenon, these should be your DRLs, IF you had the dealer turn on DRLs in your car/key program. If your just turning your lights on during the day, and using your Xenons, then your not really using DRLs at all.

The Inner lights also function as your highbeams, when you flash the high beams quickly, since the Xenons can't react and refocus that quickly.:dunno:

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are refering to flashing high beams the xenons do that. they change in itensity but the innner lights never come on

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
atyclb said:

incorrect. Flashing your brights uses the halogens
Hmmm... That's actually something I didn't check out on my former M3... I mean, when you have Bi-xenons, the xenon headlight may be used when flashing... At least when the low beams are on, no? :dunno:

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
I actually checked on this. the dtr lights are the inside halogens
when you flash someone by pulling back on the arm, it uses the inside halogen lights

when you use the switch, normal lights = xennon lights = xennons brights.

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I think I figured it out: after much testing

IF DTRL are activated: inside halogens will come on during the day and will flash if stalk is pulled towards you.

If DTRL are NOT activated they will still flash if stalk is pulled towards you.

Xenons come on whn headlight switch is activated. Xenons intensify as highbeams when stalk is pushed away from you.

FINAL QUESTION:
If DTRL are activted do both the xenons AND the inside halogens come on at night when the headlight switch is activated???

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
3seriesbimmer said:
FINAL QUESTION:
If DTRL are activted do both the xenons AND the inside halogens come on at night when the headlight switch is activated???
Nope... Halogens (inside) will turn off when low beams are on.

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so if DRL are activated th innner lights will come on when the car is turned on even if the headlight switch is in the off position right?

because the only way I can get my innner lights to come on day or night is to pull the stalk towards me.

does this mean my DTRL are not activated.

(I didnt get to choose key and memory options)

20,210 Posts
3seriesbimmer said:
so if DRL are activated th innner lights will come on when the car is turned on even if the headlight switch is in the off position right?

because the only way I can get my innner lights to come on day or night is to pull the stalk towards me.

does this mean my DTRL are not activated.

(I didnt get to choose key and memory options)
yes yes yes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts