·
Registered
2,601 Posts
DreamWeaver.

It doesn't suck either :)

·
3,762 Posts
Visual Notepad (notepad.exe) or-

Visual Studio 7 (.NET) is the furthest thing from sucking, although it's probably overkill if you're only editing HTML.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is the best. :thumbup:

Nick, you need a Mac.
If Apple sells a laptop with two hard drive bays, DVD, and a battery, and a UXGA screen for around $2000, I might consider it. As it is, my Dell does rather well. :p

Ignoring those senseless Mac users, the answer seems to be dreamweaver. :p Now I just need to figure out how to use it.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Dreamweaver MX here. The code the comes out of it actually isn't <i>that</i> bad for a WYSIWYG editor.

--SONET

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
When working on my WinME box at home, usually Notepad/Wordpad. Playing with FirstPage (from Evrsoft). I have a copy of Dreamweaver 3 but don't have any disk space left to install it right now.

When working on the Unix systems at work, emacs/xemacs (in fundamental mode rather than some HTML syntax directed mode), or vi (if I absolutely have to;-).

·
Registered
678 Posts
VIM.

When working on the Unix systems at work, emacs/xemacs (in fundamental mode rather than some HTML syntax directed mode), or vi (if I absolutely have to;-).
"Or [they are] an emacs user, in which case they are wrong, lying and criminally insane." -- CmdrTaco

:p :D

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
cenotaph said:
"Or [they are] an emacs user, in which case they are wrong, lying and criminally insane." -- CmdrTaco
I'll go along with the insane part :lmao: :lmao:

·
KWiK
223 Posts
I use Boxer text editer for just about everything, HTML, C++, perl, etc.

It's fairly small, cheap, and has plenty of keyboard layouts. Check it out at BoxerSoftware.com :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts