BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking i'd rather have titanium than myrtle trim (although that birch looks real nice), unfortunately it doesn't seem to be an option with the performance package. looking at the contents, i think i could easily live without the performance package upgrades, except the one that confuses me is the "fully automatic top" -- what exactly is it about the non-ZPP top that isn't "fully automatic"? what would i be missing? tried to dig this info up myself but came up short...

thanks all,
Wes

·
Registered
362 Posts
The one that is not fully automatic is fully manual. You are the motor, unlatch the latches, and pull the top back, and shove it into the boot. Then reverse while you are getting soaked in the rain.

·
5,820 Posts
330Cic Hopeful said:
i'm thinking i'd rather have titanium than myrtle trim (although that birch looks real nice), unfortunately it doesn't seem to be an option with the performance package. looking at the contents, i think i could easily live without the performance package upgrades, except the one that confuses me is the "fully automatic top" -- what exactly is it about the non-ZPP top that isn't "fully automatic"? what would i be missing? tried to dig this info up myself but came up short...

thanks all,
Wes
I think you want the fully automatic top. What color combo are you considering. You could always change the trim yourself. There are threads here discussing it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i read gary's writeup on the trim -- sounds/looks fairly simple. and yes, i would definitely want the automatic top! sounds like the PP is in then...

thanks all,
Wes

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
330Cic Hopeful said:
yeah i read gary's writeup on the trim -- sounds/looks fairly simple. and yes, i would definitely want the automatic top! sounds like the PP is in then...

thanks all,
Wes
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't the power top standard on the 330CiC? Are you looking at the 325 now, where the power top is part of the preferred package? Is the BMW web site wrong?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm looking at the 330Cic, and the website lists as part of the ZPP "fully automatic softtop"... i was curious too because i saw one other site that did not have that listed as part of the ZPP, but everywhere else i've seen does have it listed... for the price difference the 330 should include the power top! ;-)

Wes

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
You're right. However, up above that entry, the automatic top has an icon indicating it's standard equipment. It is also not listed in the ZPP details in the configurator. Looks like BMW didn't do a very good job of QAing their site data. I'd call your local dealer.

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
The spec in the ZPP package is for the 325...

It must have gotten carried into the package spec for the 330 by accident.

I don't believe it is possible to buy a 330cic without a fully automatic top. You definitely don't need any package for this.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great, thanks everyone... i think i'll go without the ZPP altogether then. anyone have pictures of steel grey or steel blue?

Wes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts