BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens if my flights "cut it close" and I cannot make the delivery day?
Should it be changed in advance (1-2 weeks in advance??)
Is this a big or a small problem?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
What do you mean if your flights "cut it close" - that implies you missed a connection en route.:dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It happened to me...

sbb said:
What happens if my flights "cut it close" and I cannot make the delivery day?
Should it be changed in advance (1-2 weeks in advance??)
Is this a big or a small problem?
My original pick-up date was a Thursday. I missed a connection in Chicago and arrived abt. 26 hours late. Sigrid was to pick me up at MUC, and I did call her to tell her with the revised ETA. It was no problem for the ED center. However, be careful if your original p/u day is a Friday. You could find yourself "stuck" in Munich without a car over the weekend.

Had I not been using Sigrid, I would have called the ED center from Chicago (bring phone numbers).

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
DBU said:
My original pick-up date was a Thursday. I missed a connection in Chicago and arrived abt. 26 hours late. Sigrid was to pick me up at MUC, and I did call her to tell her with the revised ETA. It was no problem for the ED center. However, be careful if your original p/u day is a Friday. You could find yourself "stuck" in Munich without a car over the weekend.

Had I not been using Sigrid, I would have called the ED center from Chicago (bring phone numbers).
The more I think about it, the more I think the OP had something else in mind, since he mentioned 1-2 weeks notice on the delivery date.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
My sales rep said that if you miss your delivery date/time during the busy summer season, it's a hassle to reschedule. True or no?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
AzNMpower32 said:
My sales rep said that if you miss your delivery date/time during the busy summer season, it's a hassle to reschedule. True or no?
It really depends. If you were scheduled for a Wednesday and your flight is delayed, picking up on a Thursday is probably not a big deal. They can always squeeze you in.

But if you don't show on Wednesday and you for whatever reason cannot show up until the following Wednesday, since your car was registered and the registration expires with your 14 day insurance (unless you bought additional time), you might be able to pick up the car but you would have only half the time available.

I'm using the 2nd example as an extreme by the way.

In short, they can handle "emergencies" as delays happen in international travel. But there are limits.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
AzNMpower32 said:
Your sales rep has already shown us that he does not know much about the ED process: There is no "time" specified for pick up - only the date.

There is a difference between "travel delays" and an 11th hour "I changed my mind and want a different day now." The latter is a problem, the former is not.

J's post reminded me of a fact at least one 'fester has been burned by: Your registration starts the day BEFORE you pick up. Don't cut [Edit] dropoff too close...

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
DBU said:
J's post reminded me of a fact at least one 'fester has been burned by: Your registration starts the day BEFORE you pick up. Don't cut redelivery too close...
You mean dropoff, right? Not redelivery.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Jspira said:
You mean dropoff, right? Not redelivery.
Ja - naturlich :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts