BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

I have noticed (as attached) a piece of plastic (as shown in the Red square) stuck to the rear of the back seat of my 2006 BMW X3. I tried to pluck it using a screw driver but it doesn't come off. Scared of breaking something. Can anyone please help me knowing what is behind it?

Thanks,
Kirti

Attachments

·
BM and V dub love!
313 Posts
Really?

Surely standard on '04 - '06 at least.
The only time it would need to be pried off is to remove and replace the sleeves that the head restraints fit into.
Nope, my '06 looked nothing like that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
My 2008 Sport (with leather seats; rear is ~65/35 split) has them on both sides. Didn't pry out easily, although that RealOEM picture shows that they might.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 05 x3 has a bracket there so you can remove the boot retractable cover unit (pictured above my subwoofer) and slide it into those brackets when both seats portions are folded down to create a secured larger boot space. There a receptacles on the roof above front seats to connect the retractable netting into. (Pictured)
Sorry for the bad quality photos at night.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1477219510.879973.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1477219636.667916.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1477219810.248532.jpg

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Wow those pictures are terrible. Does that mean the OP has the rare roof brackets also, for the rare luggage cover with retractable net?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Does that mean the OP has the rare roof brackets also, for the rare luggage cover with retractable net?
OK -- that's what those spaces are for! Like the OP, I don't have that rare option, just the places for it to go.

I looked, and my X3 also has the little hooks on the ceiling-mounted grab bars for the rear seat.

·
Anti-Hack
5,483 Posts
OK -- that's what those spaces are for! Like the OP, I don't have that rare option, just the places for it to go.

I looked, and my X3 also has the little hooks on the ceiling-mounted grab bars for the rear seat.
Are they the hooks for the grab bars, or for shirt hangers? Every car I've ever seen has hooks up there.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Are they the hooks for the grab bars, or for shirt hangers? Every car I've ever seen has hooks up there.
Those new pics, just above, show that there are large, separate anchor points in the ceiling for that mesh. So, yes, apparently they are shirt hooks on the grab bars.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Those additional hooks for the mesh are only fitted to cars that had the mesh net option. There was a retrofit thread on here earlier last year; the headlining has the marks un the underside.

Maybe the pre-LCI cars or the UK model have them as standard?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts