Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
LOL thats a great gif.

CWB: A tool that uses surgical rubber that allows one to wipe the excess water off the car prior to use a finishing towel (Chamois, etc) to completely dry the car. I use one on a Jet black finish with no ill effects.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
I heard to watch out

and make sure the car is rinse off thoroughly. I think on Roadfly, somebody reported dragging a piece of grit across the finish with the CWB and the post had all kind of :bawling: and *@$&#! letters.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If the piece of grit is there--ANYTHING that touches that is likely to drag it across the finish, whether it is the CWB, chamois, or cotton towel.In some ways, I almost think the CWB would be safer in that aspect as the edge is more likely to push the offending grit rather than mash it down like a chamois or towel might do.

Eric

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
There's varying opinions out there

Marco (at carnuba store) liked the towel/chamois route because he felt they gave a little cushion for such an object. :dunno:

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Some people might be hesitant to use the Water Blade because they’ll fear it’s edges would trap very small pieces of dirt that could make tiny scratches in the paint. This won’t happen as long as you wash all the dirt off the car and your rinse water is clean. Also, you stand far more of a chance scratching the car with a towel or chamois than you do with the Water Blade because towels and chamois, even after they’ve been washed, hold tiny specks of dirt in their surfaces. The Water Blade’s silicone T-bar edge does not trap dirt.

Source: Corvette Forum moderators

"I'm reasonably confident that the silicon rubber is far too soft to harm the finish (unless some grit gets embedded in it) You still need a towel or two (versus a stack) to wipe the small areas that the Water Blade won't get. Is it worth $20? Only if you really hate handling those sopping wet towels."
Source:Audi World review

1 - 8 of 8 Posts