BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the low and high beams are located in the outside headlight housing. It appears the inside headlight housing is empty, ie non functioning. Is this blank location provided for higher output lights required in Europe? And if so, has anyone upgraded to this configuration?

I bring this up because this was the case on my C5 Corvette. Switching to the European replacements was extrodinary!! If I remember correctly, low beams went from 85 watts to 245 watts. The highs had a similar increase but I don't remember the numbers. Yes they were illegal, but it sure made night driving at speed safer.

Could someone outside the USA please check their head lights and confirm if the inside ones work. Thanks in advance for your help.

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Probably for halogens. Xenons use one bulb for both high/low beams. Halogens use separate bulbs.

· Registered
1,096 Posts
This topic seems to be a common question everywhere, and it still makes me wonder why waste the real estate on a simple LED Corona. Anyways if you check the Xbimmers site,

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639005

The inner lights are just cosmetic for your 2010/2011, as others stated. Those have H8 bulbs, which power the 4 angel eye rings. 2012+ X5s get the LED powered halo rings, then the inner projectors serve a purpose of additional lighting for reverse/turns.

They have some more, info on the euro spec, which your interested in, so read on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.