BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
live like no one else
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car runs out of waranty July31st and was told to get "Edge" warranty. They said it covered everything for $3000 including nav. As there any other companies I should look into, just don't want the hassle if something is wrong and $3000 is nothing if something is major. Car has only 22k miles :dunno::dunno:

·
Big Daddy
110 Posts
I've got something called PINACLE. I know I paid a sh!t-load for it. I'm not sure if it's good or not, as I've not had to use it in my brief ownership. I'm hoping that I'll never have to and I can apply for the refund. Guess we'll see....

·
Registered
61 Posts
My friend has the GMPP master guard warranty, can get it through GM dealer, even covers amp. Also, Nissan offers a exclusionary warranty, similar to the GM one.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I have the top of the line Fidelity Warranty; it's covered 18K worth of repairs so far and I paid 10 for it! Only 1 of the few companies that will touch a 760!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have the top of the line Fidelity Warranty; it's covered 18K worth of repairs so far and I paid 10 for it! Only 1 of the few companies that will touch a 760!
How many mile/year coverage? What amount of miles do that stop offering coverage?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Thats what I have, make sure your car is G2G out the gate, I hear and have been told they are the best but I went to submit a claim and they said it was preexisting.....which it "may" have been:eeps:.....but I will know soon how good they are because I have to now go in for a brake issue that was not preexisting... I will keep you posted, should be next week I find out.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
How many mile/year coverage? What amount of miles do that stop offering coverage?
I got it when I was under factory warranty so I got the longest one they had, 7 years 100K so that put me till 2015 or 140K miles. I have no clue, it might be worth calling up fidelity and see what they offer you!

·
live like no one else
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't plan on purchasing this warranty until my factory warranty is up in July. I looked up Custom Edge by Warrantech online and not much consumer info, I was gonna try to do an online quote but looks like only purchased through dealers. Anyone else have any recomendations?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I know there's one called, Paragon, but I do not know anything about it. Just the name.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I don't plan on purchasing this warranty until my factory warranty is up in July. I looked up Custom Edge by Warrantech online and not much consumer info, I was gonna try to do an online quote but looks like only purchased through dealers. Anyone else have any recomendations?
That is true, I got lucky

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just called fidelity and got this quote..

4 years 60k which would cover me until 133,000k or April 18 2015
413$ down 154.88 monthly

$4,180...

everything BUT emissions and nav included

2006 750li 75k

·
Registered
304 Posts
Pola...how does that compare price wise to other companies??? is that about average? I will be looking for one very soon.

·
Registered
222 Posts
honestly... not to sure, mine expires the end of the year.. so I still have a little time but from what I've seen on here it ranges from 3k-7k

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fidelity Pricing

Just purchased a 4 year / 48K Platinum warranty through Fidelity for my 07 750Li. The car has 34K and is still covered by the factory warranty. Purchase price was $3,700 through my local BMW dealer. It's hard to drop $3,700 and not feel like I overpaid but it does offer me peace of mind.

·
Registered
593 Posts
With that year and mileage did you try getting a quote from your BMW Dealer on extending to 100k. I think you shoul dbe able to get the Platinum Plan which covers Nav.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
+1, If you are the original owner, bring it to the dealer you bought it from and have them CPO it. If you are not the original owner they will not do it. No better hassle free warranty out there than a factory warranty.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts