BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today and a guy in a Black M3 passed me with most incredible ripping sounding exhaust. I could not get next to him to ask what exhaust he had but it really changed the nature of the car. 'Bigger than stock looking chrome tips' and just a ripping loud note. After 2 yrs of a good ownership experience, but leaving my car stock, it makes me think.... I may be ready for a change. Any ideas?
Jim

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was driving home today and a guy in a Black M3 passed me with most incredible ripping sounding exhaust. I could not get next to him to ask what exhaust he had but it really changed the nature of the car. 'Bigger than stock looking chrome tips' and just a ripping loud note. After 2 yrs of a good ownership experience, but leaving my car stock, it makes me think.... I may be ready for a change. Any ideas?

Jim
There are way too many options. I had my car for about 4 months and I am going to get an exhaust as well as a tune that will enhance my exhaust note.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
You need to go and listen to aftermarket exhausts at a local BMW meet, as many as you can, before you pay thousands of dollars for an exhaust that you listened in YouTube.

It is not the same. By far.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the MY16 M4 ZCP, therefore it comes with the M "Sports" Exhaust, which sounds great. I am thinking of upgrading as well very soon, once my rear diffusor comes in. Like the previous poster said, listen to them in person and try to figure out which one sounds best.

I'm going for the M "Performance" exhaust, or as it's affectionately known as, the MPE. I think it's the best all around and the noise is amazing. It's also manufactured by BMW thus OEM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Magnaflow Sport and it sounds great! no drone, good volume and much improved appearance. For under $2,500 it can't be beat IMHO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Magnaflow Sport and it sounds great! no drone, good volume and much improved appearance. For under $2,500 it can't be beat IMHO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What part of Ca are you in? That sounds like it could've been me :) I have the Meisterschaft GT racing exhaust. Very aggressive sound and love the distinctive slits in the 102mm tailpipes. ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1469316454.684676.jpg

·
Vendor
6,671 Posts
Jim
Depends on what you are looking for

Active Autowerke has the cleanest sound with no rasp
It is also the best one for daily driving when using catless downpipes

REMUS is more aggressive, it has the a deep and sound
Sounds great with catted downpipes

GTHaus is one of the most aggressive exhausts
Not recommended on daily drivers unless user is looking for a super aggressive exhaust

Here is a link to all the M4 exhausts we offer
https://www.x-ph.com/2014-m4-1/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts