Votes: 3 8.1%
  • 360+, my name is Mystikal

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I know not of what you speak

Votes: 1 2.7%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
90 degrees in traffic, in the rain in Chevy Chase Circle when I was still getting used to this RWD/no traction control/BMW thing. Oh yeah, and my rear tires were down to half a millimeter of tread. ;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I voted 20-60, and that was in deep mud. My street has no pavement right now, and with this weekend's 2-3 inches of rain, it has turned into a huge mud bog. (tomorrow they are supposed to start laying down new pavement )

With my old 2002ti, I was a madman. I used to have a lot of fun with my FWD dodge charger turbo/rear wheel e-brake too:D

·
non sequitur
888 Posts
About 90 degrees in a old mercedes with worn tires, in the rain, at 20mph. I almost hit a telephone pole.

I will never drive with tires worn down to the indicator in rain again.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What is the max that you have rotated your car?

nate328Ci said:
Did three linked 360s in the snow once...intentionally...not enough momentum to do a fourth :(

Unintentionally on the street, 270 (which ended off the pavement, but short of the ditch)...Mustang 5.0, wet road, bald gatorbacks, heavy right foot.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
I voted 60-90. There's a left hander that I take on the way home from work and if I can hit it when there's no traffic, I can swing the back end out pretty far. ~70 or 75 degrees.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the max that you have rotated your car?

Did three linked 360s in the snow once...intentionally...not enough momentum to do a fourth :(

Unintentionally on the street, 270 (which ended off the pavement, but short of the ditch)...Mustang 5.0, wet road, bald gatorbacks, heavy right foot.
Wait a minute! If we're talking snow hijinks, that's another story. Back in CT, I used to get my Honda into 180 - 270 degree spins in the very big and very open beach parking lots. :D

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the max that you have rotated your car?

Chris330Ci said:

Wait a minute! If we're talking snow hijinks, that's another story. Back in CT, I used to get my Honda into 180 - 270 degree spins in the very big and very open beach parking lots. :D
My 270+ was on dry pavement and S-03s :thumbup:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I remember, Emisson did multiple 360s in his 330i at the track. He may be the "winner"

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the max that you have rotated your car?

Chris330Ci said:

:yikes: Was that at the track?
No! Thank god!

Auto-x

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the max that you have rotated your car?

Chris330Ci said:

I don't ever want to do this! :yikes:

Sliding up a hill ~2mb
Hey, at least he didn't roll. Everything looks to be in order.

Those M Coupes can be tricky to drive :yikes: A bit slow to correct and that's what you get :eek:

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the max that you have rotated your car?

nate328Ci said:

Hey, at least he didn't roll. Everything looks to be in order.

Those M Coupes can be tricky to drive :yikes: A bit slow to correct and that's what you get :eek:
Yea, I'd say he got lucky on that one. Very lucky. :eek: I've got more of his videos with some good spins and bobbles, but also some very good recoveries. :thumbup:

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
I voted zero. But I thought you meant with my current car. Oh well. I remember doing many donuts in the snow in past cars, and there was this one time when it was icy and I purposely spun my car 90 degrees, sliding through a parking lot and when I stopped, I just pulled forward into my spot! :D

I was young and silly then, but I was really good at throwing my car around in those conditions. Now I'm just old and silly.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts