BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here's the rundown my dealer gave me. From what I've heard, other dealers can charge more.

Standard scope $50.00
Engine oil $95.00
Front brakes $657
Brake fluid $89
Coolant $114
Vehicle check $150
Rear Brakes $585
Micro-filter $169
Spark plugs $314
Auto trans fluid drain/fill/filter $355

Do a search for "service interval" to find out how often its required.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the rundown my dealer gave me. From what I've heard, other dealers can charge more.

Standard scope $50.00
Engine oil $95.00
Front brakes $657
Brake fluid $89
Coolant $114
Vehicle check $150
Rear Brakes $585
Micro-filter $169
Spark plugs $314
Auto trans fluid drain/fill/filter $355

On the front and rear brakes, do you mean brake rotors, calipers, pads?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Running costs depend on how much work you are willing to do on your own:

for example I just bought both belts for the engine, wiper blades, and oil pressure sensor for about 100 bucks. (NAPA not the dealer.)

Standard scope $50.00 **** and OBDII reader, diagnose and clear CEL on your own. for more specific problems, read this forum.
Engine oil $95.00 -that is cheap, I pay ~75 in matl to do it myself. 10 for a filter, 8 quarts of Mobil 1 at ~6.50 each While you are under there remove the lower tray and check for oil leaks and keep it clean.
Front brakes $657 - another easy DIY that is only needed every 50k or more. It will cost you less than half in parts.
Brake fluid $89 - have not done this on a BMW but if you have the tools this will be about 15 bucks in fluid.
Coolant $114 -Very easy DIY but you need to catch a lot of coolant and make sure you bleed the system of air properly. This would be a good time to replace hard old hoses.
Vehicle check $150 - ??? you should always be checking but I can see getting this done once a year or so if you are curious.
Rear Brakes $585 -too much but really our car is at 123k and this has never been done.
Micro-filter $169 - no, DIY is easy not sure on the filter price
Spark plugs $314 - DIY is not bad, see my writeup.
Auto trans fluid drain/fill/filter $355 - I had this done at 100k ( I paid nearly 600!!! now I feel like a chump!)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Don't forget repairs. If maintenance was the only out of pocket, these cars would be worth a lot more used. As a rule of thumb, set aside $5000 per year for a 2003 and keep your fingers crossed the tranny doesn't sh!t the bed. Honestly, if you are asking, then you probably don't want to go here. Never drive a seven out of warranty, so plan on getting an after market warranty and hope they cover your first 5 figure repair.

·
Registered
535 Posts
true, repairs are going to hit the pocketbook bigtime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.