BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
when you order a car, it gives you the updates, it has online manuels for all our cars, some info, news, financial services so you can set up to pay through the site, and some other stuff. All you need is your VIN# or Prod# to register.

I honestly haven't been back there since I took delivery of my car...you will find much more info on these forums.

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
its essentially useless for those of us with older e36 cars. :dunno:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I work (consult) for BMWFS and am a developer on the Owners' Circle team. The site is great if you have your bimmer financed/leased through BMWFS. You can make online payments, view your account statement, change your due date, etc. It's actually kind of cool if you sign up for the FS portion of the site.

You can access the Owners' Circle at:
http://www.bmwusa.com/welcome.cfm?code=OCSIGNIN

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,835 Posts
I work (consult) for BMWFS and am a developer on the Owners' Circle team. The site is great if you have your bimmer financed/leased through BMWFS. You can make online payments, view your account statement, change your due date, etc. It's actually kind of cool if you sign up for the FS portion of the site.

No offense, but it doesn't do anything for me at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
None taken.

I guess it depends how often you deal with BMWFS customer service. BMWFS customers are empowered to handle just about anything with their account via the Owners' Circle. However, if you don't need any of those services then you're right, there's not much use for the Owners' Circle.

We current have over 110,000 active customers on the site that use it quite frequently.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Uh oh, a live body actually associated with OC is on the board. Well sorry to dump on you since you seem to be involved with the BMWFS side but perhaps you can pass along some of our ..ahem.. suggestions that might improve it.

1. Order tracking is a joke. Since they won't let anyone call the BMWNA 1-800 number for order status anymore this should be dramatically improved.

2. Dealer performance surveys should be performed here online and anonymously and at the owner's discretion. Both the puchase/delivery experience and the service experience should be handled this way. The current extortion system that some customers experience in order for dealers to get excellent ratings accross the board should end.

I could go on but I don't want to keep others from contributing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Topaz330xi, I could not agree with you more. The vehicle tracking feature is actually more misleading then helpful. However both of these features are developed by BMWNA, not FS. I only have control over the FS section of the site.

I would be more then willing to take suggestions on how we can improve the FS section of the Owners' Circle. If you do have suggestions for the NA portion I would recommend sending your suggestions via email to [email protected] .

·
///Mpty pockets
1,963 Posts
m330 said:

Then maybe you can tell my why my SSN is required to register? Why can't they use some sort of code word that is given out when you finance, or even my account # or anything else? :mad:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
m330 said:
Topaz330xi, I could not agree with you more. The vehicle tracking feature is actually more misleading then helpful. However both of these features are developed by BMWNA, not FS. I only have control over the FS section of the site.

I would be more then willing to take suggestions on how we can improve the FS section of the Owners' Circle. If you do have suggestions for the NA portion I would recommend sending your suggestions via email to [email protected] .
I knew we'd just be razzing you since you're on the FS side.:stickpoke Personally since I do easypay auto withdrawal there's not anything I ever need to do online on the financial side. That is, unless you have some options to get me out of my current lease at no cost so I can get an M3 sooner.

:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, that's ok... I need a razzing every once in a while. :)

Since I'm not an employee of BMW (just a consultant), I had to purchase my 330i just like everyone else. So not only am I a developer for the Owners' Circle, I am also a customer (ok, now I'm just sounding like one of those Hair Club for Men commercials). :D

You're not the only one trying to get out of your lease early... I still have 14 months left on my lease and I too am trying to get out of it early... I'm wanting either a 330i ZHP or the M3. The problem is, is that my payoff is $5000 more then what my car is worth.

Here's something you may want to look into... BMWFS offers a service called an "Assumption", which basically means you can get out of your lease early if you are willing to find someone to take over your contract (same lease payments, terms, etc.).

bren... To signup for the FS section you will need to provide your SSN and your account number. BMWFS already has your SSN on file, they just need it to correctly identify you. The web site uses 128 bit SSL encryption, so your information is secure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
m330...If you could help me please :D
When I first took delivery of my car, the next time that I logged on to the Owner's Circle, it gave me the option to register my car with FS...I didn't have time at that moment, so I closed it....I went back today to try, and I can't find anyway to access that register screen again, whenever I go to FS section, it just tells me that my car is not register, to try and choose another vehicle (I only have 1).
What am I missing? How can I register?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I tried registering but it would not accept my production number. Now I'm wondering if this is a USA thing only. I can't find the "owner circle" option on the Canadian website.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.