BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 328i i just changed the rotors brakes struts hub assembly and this week will be replacing my control arms this was all front end work but whenever im driving doesn't matter the speed slower speeds it quieter faster speed much louder there's this noise that's coming from what sounds and feels like the front passenger side it kinda sounds like im rideing on a flat but at the same time it has like a wooping noise sorry its very hard to discribe and when i step on brakes to slow down i can hear and feel a grinding noise from that side can anyone give me an idea as to what it might be id appreciate that very much thanks dudes

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
You need to replace the wheel hub on that corner because you have a failing bearing.

And the front bearings don't get replaced, the whole hubs do.

·
'92 325I Rollin Stoned
'94 325is
347 Posts
Depends on your wrenching knowledge and how many times you have done it. No offence but if they are brand new and this was your 1st time then either it was defective from the manufacture or you screwed something up.

Don't let it get you down tho it's all a learning process and allot more that some are willing to do :)
Learning the hard way, I like it :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man i hope it wasnt me that always blows but thanks man ill check it again so how will i know if it was me will there be straches on it somewhere will the abs look worn also this noise started happening before i put the new hubs on the front which is why i changed them in the first place it started happening after the day after i changed my struts could it be that its the rear instead since the noise is still there maybe it just sounds like it comming from the front thanks for you help guys :thumbup::thumbup:

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Okay, you didn't mention either of those tidbits.

1. the noise was a preexisting condition.

2. it started when you changed your struts.

Look behind with the car on proper jack stands.

Is there any rubbing? Even the slightest?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i think coolant is leaking from the head is it difficult to remove and replace the gasket if thats the problem i use to have a 240sx would it be pretty much the same procedure

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
30,148 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cant stop my car from throwing these codes

fault codes: p0155, p1421, p1423, p0153

p0153: o2 sensor circuit slow response bank 2 sensor 1

p0155: o2 sensor heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1

the steps i took to correct it was i bought a new o2 sensor with 4 wires an since i have a straight 6 i changed the sensor on the exhaust closest to the firewall i took it to my buddy to hook it back up to his computer but it still kept throwing the code im trying to get this done before the end of the month cause i need new tabs help please:dunno:

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
fault codes: p0155, p1421, p1423, p0153

p0153: o2 sensor circuit slow response bank 2 sensor 1

p0155: o2 sensor heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1

the steps i took to correct it was i bought a new o2 sensor with 4 wires an since i have a straight 6 i changed the sensor on the exhaust closest to the firewall i took it to my buddy to hook it back up to his computer but it still kept throwing the code im trying to get this done before the end of the month cause i need new tabs help please:dunno:
^this is related to the original thread how?? :dunno:

would you mind putting some comma in your paragraph.... it is unbelieveable hard to read...
:confused:

noobs....gotta teachem everything...:tsk:

df

1 - 12 of 12 Posts