BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What is this engine part? (Getting to know my M54 engine bay)

203376 Views 144 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Dynamic Entry
Over time, I've come to know (by necessity) almost every large item in the M54 engine bay ... but some items still are unknown to me ...

What is this engine part?

Attachments

141 - 145 of 145 Posts
Language Lesson

PUDL, Thanks for the German language lesson. My German is pretty rusty.
Did you ever get an answer to your question on this part? Broke the small line while taking off the valve cover. Trying to locate. Thanks!!
Which part are you talking about?
Did you ever get an answer to your question on this part? Broke the small line while taking off the valve cover. Trying to locate. Thanks!!
Sorry, new to the site. Scrolled down further and saw the replies below. I was looking for a new Secondary Air Pump Vacuum Line that I broke while taking the valve cover off of my Z3. I was trying to identify the ***8220;Emissions Valve***8221; which you have circled in one of your photos, that the line comes out out of. Thanks for the quick response.
I found my way here via search because I'm trying to identify a particular wire and harness in the DME box
It's a single pinned black connector, with Black wire running to the chassis side:

Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Cable Wire

and Red/Blk running from the engine harness:

Electrical wiring Circuit component Electrical supply Cable Technology

The above wire harness is present on my 2002 530i5 speed manual, but it is not present on my 2001 525i Auto:

Line Electrical wiring Gas Vehicle door Wire

This is of interest because I am finishing a swap, with 530i/5 donor engine and transmission being put into the 525i/A Touring

Because I have swapped the 530i/5 engine with harness into the 525iA chassis, I currently have the Red/Blk wire running from the M54b30 engine harness but no connector in the DME box to connect it to, and I'm not sure what it's function is

Cheers,
Andrew
141 - 145 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.