BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did my 540i cooling system and when I reconnected the crossover pipe that attaches to the water pump and the two sides of the block the drivers side bolt tab snapped off causing an exhaust leak. Since I cant weld aluminum I need a new tube . Wat is the official name of this pipe and where is the best place to get one?

·
Search, Read, THEN Ask
3,211 Posts

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
A lot of people with the 540 are confused what to remove in order to get the water pump out ... so ... maybe those discussions might help?

- How to remove the BMW E39 540i V8 waterpump without removing the crankshaft pulley (1) (2) (3)

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I recently did my 540i cooling system and when I reconnected the crossover pipe that attaches to the water pump and the two sides of the block the drivers side bolt tab snapped off causing an exhaust leak. Since I cant weld aluminum I need a new tube . Wat is the official name of this pipe and where is the best place to get one?
Your looking for #11
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DN53&mospid=47588&btnr=11_2285&hg=11&fg=50

You could take the pipe and broken mounting tab to a welder and have them weld it back on.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

·
25,199 Posts
Alot of people get confused also when posters ask questions but don't provide any pictures or front/back locations and expect an answer remotely close to what they want.
I can't disagree.

It seems like this question could only be answered by someone who knew what breaks in addition to knows the 540 well and who could figure out what it was the OP was saying.

To the OP: Since people here spend a lot of time trying to help you, it behooves you to spend a little time posting a picture. It's a courtesy that helps everyone, including you. :)

Here's how:
- How to post, shrink, modify, edit, annotate, merge, & upload pictures for posting here (1)

And, here's an example, just for you:

Attachments

·
25,199 Posts
#11 in the above diagram is what im looking for. Sorry about pics I just used the diagrams and got my answer before needing to post pics.
Can't you still post a picture of the broken part so that you give back to the team that helped you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.