BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...

There are many BMWs that are just awesome. A few of my personal favorites are the 3.0CSL and the original 328 Roadster, IMO the two most gorgeous BMWs built. Another car that I really love is the E28 5 series. They are great to drive and a great car for the time. I learned to drive on a 533i, wonderful. The only issue with that car was high speed rear end lift, probably why the awesome E28 M5 had a spoiler :thumb:

I have seen all these body styles in person, and unfortuanatly have only driven the E28 :cry:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
850 CSi, the flagship that coined the phrase "Flagship."

M1 also comes to mine. That was the first BMW I fell in love with. You can see where my love of the coupe comes from.

You've got an impressive list as well. The 3.0 CSi is on the short list for me.

I also have a strange affinity to the original 1.9L Z3. Perhaps it's because it's the first BMW I've ever OWNED.

·
I AM CANADIAN!
373 Posts
E30 M3... a true classic :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
The HACK said:
850 CSi, the flagship that coined the phrase "Flagship."

I had a friend that was selling one of these last summer. It was an amazing car- Black/Black, 6 speed, all the toys and in perfect shape. He wanted too much money for it though, and he had every right to ask as much as he could get for it. Boy was that one helluva car...

G

·
I'll chime in with complete agreement of Nate's post. The original 328, the 3.0CSi, and the E28 M5 are all definitely on my list. I would also add the (Euro-only) E34 M5 Touring and, of course, the 2002tii.

Call me a blaphemer, but the 8-series and the M1, other than in purely technical respects, have never done anything for me. And I've always hated the Z3 roadster. Prior to the E65, IMO, it was the most hideous BMW ever built. (Although, strangely, I like the M Coupe.)

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Man, you guys are really, really into this stuff. BMW lineage, tracking street cars on weekends, anal-retentive detailing, etc., etc.

Hell, other than the current model line-up (3-series, 5-series, 7-series, the only other BMW's I'm even aware of are like the old 2002 and maybe that cool looking 2 seater coupe from the 70's--635Csi?).

In any event, I'm beginning to think that I'm not a 'real' auto enthusiast like the rest of you, and perhaps I really would be better off with a stupid G35 6-speed this Fall...

:yikes:

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
1. Z8
2. 850CSi
3. M1
4. McLaren F1 (BMW-powered - does it count?)
5. E28 M5 (Black, of course)
6. E39 M5
7. E30 M3

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mystikal said:
I have no sense of heritage.

M Coupe in Phoenix or Dakar w/2-tone(kiwi) interior
E39 M5 in Imola or Carbon w/2-tone(red) interior

My dream garage right there.
You would have loved the M5 Driving Experience in SC then :thumb:

fun...fun...fun...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.