BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attempting to perfect heel and toe shifting/rev-matching, etc...I have come to the conclusion that it would be best to buy some driving shoes.

My tennis shoes are too wide, but I have decent sucess with my narrower Cole-Hann boots :dunno:

I was thinking some nice Sparcos that I saw at the dealer's performance center :bigpimp:

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I have Piloti's and I love them. They are very comfortable and are great to drive in. I don't have a car to heel-and-toe in right now (two more weeks!), but they were designed with that in mind and I can see where they would work well. They seem to be made well too.

The only drawback is that it is hard to find a retailer that carries them. I bought mine online, and luckily they fit perfectly when they arrived. I've had them for a few weeks now and they are wearing well so far.

--SONET

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SONET said:
I have Piloti's and I love them. They are very comfortable and are great to drive in. I don't have a car to heel-and-toe in right now (two more weeks!), but they were designed with that in mind and I can see where they would work well. They seem to be made well too.

The only drawback is that it is hard to find a retailer that carries them. I bought mine online, and luckily they fit perfectly when they arrived. I've had them for a few weeks now and they are wearing well so far.

--SONET
How is the feedback? Are they form fitting? price? link?

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
nate328Ci said:

How is the feedback? Are they form fitting? price? link?
Feedback is fair... better than my regular Nike/Addidas shoes but the sole is thick enough to last a while. The tread/contact patch is very flat and even, so with pedals they are more predictable than normal sneakers - which often have odd patterns. The sole is also rounded up to the back of the shoe, where the pattern continues. This gives a more consistant feel when driving than a squared-off heel like most shoes have IMHO.

The ones I got aren't form-fitting, but they are lined with Nomex (fireproof). They cost somewhere around US $110. The craftsmanship seems pretty good, but unfortunately the pair I got was made in China.

Call me a freak, but I wear mine all the time. They are comfy and it's nice to have casual shoes that reflect my interests for a change (i.e. why should I wear cross-training shoes or basketball shoes, I don't do those things!).

You can find them here. Mine are Gray/Black and go up about mid-ankle, I think they are called Ralley or something similar. I have a picture of them on my website if you want to see them (click my sig pic to get there).

If you're picky about shoe size, they are supposed to fit similar to Addidas shoes size-wise. I bought them the same size as my Addidas sneakers and they are a perfect fit.

Good luck,

--SONET

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SONET said:

Feedback is fair... better than my regular Nike/Addidas shoes but the sole is thick enough to last a while. The tread/contact patch is very flat and even, so with pedals they are more predictable than normal sneakers - which often have odd patterns. The sole is also rounded up to the back of the shoe, where the pattern continues. This gives a more consistant feel when driving than a squared-off heel like most shoes have IMHO.

The ones I got aren't form-fitting, but they are lined with Nomex (fireproof). They cost somewhere around US $110. The craftsmanship seems pretty good, but unfortunately the pair I got was made in China.

Call me a freak, but I wear mine all the time. They are comfy and it's nice to have casual shoes that reflect my interests for a change (i.e. why should I wear cross-training shoes or basketball shoes, I don't do those things!).

You can find them here. Mine are Gray/Black and go up about mid-ankle, I think they are called Ralley or something similar. I have a picture of them on my website if you want to see them (click my sig pic to get there).

If you're picky about shoe size, they are supposed to fit similar to Addidas shoes size-wise. I bought them the same size as my Addidas sneakers and they are a perfect fit.

Good luck,

--SONET
I was thinking of something with a very thin sole, that I would wear only when driving. I have other shoes :dunno:

I probably don't need Nomex, but will consider it if they aren't much more expensive than the non-Nomex models. Also, I would like a model with tread on the sides of the right shoe. That extend around and partially on top. The Sparco Elite model looks like what I'm looking for.

Thanks. :thumb: I'll take a look at the Pilotis :angel:

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
nate328Ci said:
Attempting to perfect heel and toe shifting/rev-matching, etc...I have come to the conclusion that it would be best to buy some driving shoes.

My tennis shoes are too wide, but I have decent sucess with my narrower Cole-Hann boots :dunno:

I was thinking some nice Sparcos that I saw at the dealer's performance center :bigpimp:
I like my wide tennis shoes... it makes the reach for the brake shorter.

"THE CD-55"

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: What kind of driving shoes do you have?

CD-55 said:

I like my wide tennis shoes... it makes the reach for the brake shorter.

"THE CD-55"
This is true, I can do it in my tennis shoes, but they feel very clumsy and the soles are too think to feel anything

I wear a size 13, so they are bigger than all the pedals. Something narrower and thinner would be less clumsy :eek:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Here's a pic of my favorite pair of driving shoes:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
atyclb said:
Teva's are so 5 years ago!

Chaco's are where it's at

What can I say? I'm old school.

If Tevo's are so yesteryear, what are my Chuckie T's?

:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.