BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was gonna do my detailed cleaning for this summer and i was wondering what kind of wax is recommended on the bmw paint to remove swirl marks?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I praise Menzerna products, but they require some skill. Zaino or Adam's Polishes are good for a novice.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wax will not remove swirl marks. You will need to polish the car, preferably with a mechanical random orbital to remove the swirl marks. Check out Griot's Garage web site for info on polishing and waxing (and claying) you car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ditto- I have been quite happy with Griot's products.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Well i was gonna do my detailed cleaning for this summer and i was wondering what kind of wax is recommended on the bmw paint to remove swirl marks?

Thanx
As others stated, wax will only temporarily fill in the swirls--you need to polish to remove them. My wax of choice is One Grand Blitz.

You should check out the detailing sub-forum--lots of info there.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I've read a lot about this in these forums and there are many opinions. I used Turtle Wax Carnauba Car Wax T-6 based upon Consumer Reports testing last Fall. I've had excellent results with water still beading up nicely after the Winter and I'm still amazed at the deep shine after I wash the car.

I use Turtle Wax 1 Step Wax & Dry T-9 for touch ups if I have to remove some stuborn dirt or bugs. I've found that Simple Green works well but also removes some wax. I use Lestoil, full strength, on the wheels when needed but PS2 during normal cleaning.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try Rejex....easy on, easy off. The only downside is its 12 hour curing duration after its been applied.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone have a recommended wax for Carbon Black paint? Car is only 2 weeks old, but looks as if it's driven through a few swarms of locusts.

Thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
Does anyone have a recommended wax for Carbon Black paint? Car is only 2 weeks old, but looks as if it's driven through a few swarms of locusts.

Thanks
Just as I begin thinking about owning a black car again I'm reminded why not to :rofl: Don't mean to be poking fun at you -- I can relate!

I've had very good luck with Zaino products on my black and silver cars.

They have a website you can poke around on. Just google Zaino Brothers.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I would also recommend zaino - just google it like stated above. Gave my car great results and its very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I just started using Zaino. It was a new concept to me, a polymer rather than a wax. I am sold on Zaino. Being a polymer not a wax, you can get multi layers and depth I hadn't seen with wax. I now use the gloss enhancer/detailer between washes and it stays cleaner longer. It also has anti static and UV protection. This is a fine example of the use of Zaino, but not my car. It was actually this post that got me to try Zaino. :thumbup:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211058

dj

·
3 pedals only!
2,713 Posts
I use Klasse AIO and SG. It's also a polymer, similar to Zaino.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts