Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a e61 with a bunch of m5 bits already bumper brakes wheels mirrors headlights.

I have a e60 m5 in my shop and the customer is taking the engine and trans (manual) out of it for another project. I can swap out any other parts with it that I want and keep. Car most remain a roller.

My interior is tan his is black. If you where in my shoes what would you keep?

so far I know I am taking the fenders and steering wheel.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I own a e61 with a bunch of m5 bits already bumper brakes wheels mirrors headlights.

I have a e60 m5 in my shop and the customer is taking the engine and trans (manual) out of it for another project. I can swap out any other parts with it that I want and keep. Car most remain a roller.

My interior is tan his is black. If you where in my shoes what would you keep?

so far I know I am taking the fenders and steering wheel.
If you take the fender you should also take the front bumper because it's different on an M5 and your original bumper won't properly fit the M5 fenders. I would also take quad exhaust and rear bumper+diffuser. Suspension components on the M5 are much better too. The stabilizer, for instance, is a bit thicker than on a traditional Sport suspension e60. Your e61 might have the dynamic suspension though, so that's out of the question.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the bumper already and I have kw coilovers. What about sway bars or control arms? Would you do a interior swap obviously it wont be a complete and would have to source more parts from actual wagons. Idk of the cluster is worth it

·
Registered
995 Posts
i have the bumper already and I have kw coilovers. What about sway bars or control arms? Would you do a interior swap obviously it wont be a complete and would have to source more parts from actual wagons. Idk of the cluster is worth it
The bumper you have right now is M-bumper. M5 bumper is a bit wider because the M5 fenders are a bit wider as well. As far as interior swap, depends what you have right now. You won't be able to retrofit the active side bolster option though. Do you have active suspension? If you do then the M5 sway bars are useless to you because they are the track sway bars (no electronic intervention). How about M5 cluster. That's a nice piece of equipment. I think it's plug and play too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts