BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 22,500 miles on my 02 MZ3 and my free maintenance expires next month. I have two green lights left on maintenance display.

I want to get the Inspection done, but the dealer says the yellow light needs to be on before they can do it.

Do you think that can happen in the next month? How many miles must I put on?

The dealer says I can buy an extended maintenance to 6 yr 100K miles for $1600. That seems a little high, but maybe worth it for the M roady.

-- Scott

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have 2 lights left to go with about 22k as well... go "track" it and see if you can't get one more green to go off... sometimes with one green, I've heard dealers go ahead and do it.

Side note, i got quoted $1900 just for MAINTENANCE extension and over $3000 for SERVICE. :mad:

Also, i've been emailing dealers across the states, since you get the warranty stuff done with a credit card over the phone.

Anybody have a dealer that i should try and get a good deal from that people know of?

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
My 01 hit Inspection I @ 21k (4/03). Do a couple of (gas) tankfuls @ 5.8 mpg and see if that doesn't knock off a green bar or two!

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
z3scot said:
I have 22,500 miles on my 02 MZ3 and my free maintenance expires next month. I have two green lights left on maintenance display.

I want to get the Inspection done, but the dealer says the yellow light needs to be on before they can do it.

Do you think that can happen in the next month? How many miles must I put on?

-- Scott
If you put on 5K miles plus. Mine went on at 26,581. 2.6K plus per light.

·
Equine 1/4 miler ancestor
1,687 Posts
z3scot said:
I drive mine in city street driving, stop/start. I was down to one bar (not yellow), and my dealer did the Inspection I at between 20,000 and 21,000 miles. They can do a check that allows them to go ahead with Inspection I without the yellow bar showing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts