Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
where da clutch at ?
BMW 128i Convertible E88 N52B Executive Package
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's

I know this is highly variable, "but" all things considered, buying price, year etc,
IF you where buying a CPO''d car, well say a 2 series M vert

Considering the 4 years / 80k BMW warranty as standard, before any extended schemes,

What would you consider to be the bare minimum of warranty left on a vehicle you would consider buying, for sure you can bargain and get an extended etc etc but let's stick with a number

1 month
2 months
3 months
4 months

My one I bought had 6 months left and I threw a 3 /160 extended on it, I used the warranty once within the 4 years and that was for a faulty coil pack. I used it 3 times more in the extended

txs for your inputs in advance

·
where da clutch at ?
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I understand also millage is important, but lets just stick to in-service date,
txs

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
On average, extended warranties are a losing proposition. If they weren't, the companies selling them would lose money. The Interwebs is full of people telling us about how much an extended warranty saved them. But, nobody posts "I bought an extended warranty, paid a pile of money, and never got anything for it."

My method of risk avoidance is to buy my zoot German cars new, so I know what's happened to them since they left the factory.

·
where da clutch at ?
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea and ordinarily I would agree with you.

But can't justify buying new and also with depreciation.
On my used I was still shocked with depreciation,
$39 or there about's trade in around $15-$17.

I also agree with the argument on the ext. w'tee, but I don;t have the same local contacts for BM's that I did for my Porsche back home, plus I'm older, so wrenching
is a bit more different.

ext. w'tees are insurance, you use or dont. I used them 3 times, and actually cost wise, wasn't had I saved the $3.5k I would have got interest, but there again, my motor could have blown right ? LOL

European car's without a w'tee here is equivalent to playing Russian roulette Lol

Also buy new is no' g'tee of not having problems or having a lemon
Canada doesn't have any lemon laws like the US does

There are a lot of CPO's out there, but all with only 2-3 months left.

txs putzer

On average, extended warranties are a losing proposition. If they weren't, the companies selling them would lose money. The Interwebs is full of people telling us about how much an extended warranty saved them. But, nobody posts "I bought an extended warranty, paid a pile of money, and never got anything for it."

My method of risk avoidance is to buy my zoot German cars new, so I know what's happened to them since they left the factory.

·
where da clutch at ?
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If voting other, please let us know what "other" it is? txs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts